Who are we and What do we do?
We help advertisers reach and engage with their target audience globally. We do this through a deep understanding of people, which is enabled through our algorithms that respect privacy. Today, some of the world's largest brands, agencies, developers, and publishers are creating great value by using our platforms to deliver a compelling proposition to their target consumers.
Currently, we provide over 1 billion mobile users with relevant advertisements that enable meaningful decisions. We display 8 billion advertisements on a daily basis. That's 1 advertisement for every individual in the world - And we're working on taking this number to more than 1 for every individual that's ever walked the earth!
What’s the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise up to challenges, the cutting edge products we create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. We are sure that if you meet us, you will be infected too. Today, we are proud to be the leaders in Mobile advertising and we are sure to go even higher from here. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion. We are here today because a few of us did just that.
What is the team like?
Data Platform team’s charter is to build Big Data Platform to 1) manage and process all data feeds of InMobi 2) serve all analytics needs for the organization and 3) establish InMobi as a thought leader in Big Data ecosystem
InMobi’s Big Data Platform has been designed to scale to massive data volumes of order 100s of TBs of data, hundreds of dimension and support real-time, ad-hoc and pre-canned analytics requirements in a holistic manner. Technology stack is based on Big Data/Hadoop and NoSQL systems. This team have been constantly innovating products, and actively participate in open source eco-system.
InMobi is a thought leader in Big Data & Open Source eco-system. InMobi has created a Data Management Platform Falcon, which is an Apache TopLine Project. We have also built a Unified Analytics platform Lens, which is an Apache Incubator Project. We have multiple committers in Big Data, who have been contributing to Apache Hadoop, Hive and Oozie projects. Here are some of the complex data problems this group is working on.
You would be working with some of brightest people & innovators in Hadoop & Big Data world.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have immediate impact with the company and our products. Modern work environment, flexible schedule and smart, creative, down-to-earth people. Internal opportunities to move roles and try out bridge assignments with different teams. Food for your soul – free meals all days of the week, gym or Yoga class to flex those biceps, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What you will be doing?
- Responsible for design, architecture, and delivery of a feature or component/product with the highest quality with high-level directions from architects
- Driving innovations in the platform constantly & remaining ahead of the curve
- Collaborates effectively with cross functional teams to deliver end-to-end products & features
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements
- Estimates efforts, identify risks, devices and meets project schedules
- Runs review meetings effectively and drive the closure of all open issues on time
- Provide functional, design, and code reviews in related areas of expertise with-in team and cross-team.
- Mentors/coaches engineers to facilitate their development and provide technical leadership to them
- Rises above detail to see broader issues and implications for whole product/team.
What do we expect from you?
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institute
- 8-10 years of strong design/development experience in building massively large scale distributed internet systems and products
- Good experience in working with Hadoop and Big Data technologies like HDFS, Pig, Hive, Storm, HBase, Scribe, Zookeeper and NoSQL systems etc
- Excellent Java programming skills and expertise in multi-threading and performance oriented programming.
- Excellent computer fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Excellent data structures & algorithms skills
- Experience and knowledge of open source software, frameworks and broader cutting edge technologies around server side development in Java and Big Data
- Superior organization, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast growing and start-up workplace
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in fluid environment
- Provide good attention to details
- Must be excited by challenges surrounding the development of massively salable & distributed system
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities
Nice to have skills
- Experience of online advertising domain
- Experience in leverage user data for behavioral targeting & ad-relevance
- Experience of building products that are powered by data & insights
- Experience in data sciences & machine learning
- Experience of working on massively large scale data system