Job Title:Director, Marketing Research & Insights
Location: New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA or Remote
InMarket is the leader in digital advertising and predictive location solutions that help brands sense and respond to consumer needs in real-time. Since 2010, inMarket has helped thousands of brands leverage SDK-derived, opt-in consumer data to better understand who consumers are, why they make decisions and how best to reach them.
With InMarket’s suite of solutions, brands can better understand consumers, activate real-time digital advertising in the moments that matter and generate better campaign attribution.
InMarket’s Moments solution drives an average of 6.5x the performance of traditional digital media and was a key factor in winning Best Mobile Marketing Platform at the 2019 Digiday Awards. inMarket, headquartered in Los Angeles, has offices in Atlanta, Bentonville, Chicago, New York and San Francisco. For more information, visit www.inmarket.com.
InMarket is looking for an experienced and creative Director, Marketing Research & Insights to join our team to help drive our data-driven thought leadership and consumer insights strategy. As a Director, Marketing Research & Insights at our company, you will be responsible for leading, analyzing, building, and packaging InMarket’s first-party location and purchasing data to uncover critical insights and strategic trends around consumer behavior in the physical world.
As part of the marketing team, your work will be leveraged to provide actionable and timely intelligence to InMarket’s rapidly expanding client base across multiple verticals, as well as drive demand generation for InMarket’s location solutions.
An ideal candidate for this role will possess strong intellectual curiosity, strong writing acumen, be well-organized, and a strategic thinker. Communication skills, excellent time management, and a deep understanding of data are a must!
- Lead data and trend analysis and collaborate with InMarket’s data science team to uncover actionable insights for marketers and agencies.
- Ideate and develop insight briefs and reports across various verticals market trends and relevant societal issues leveraging InMarket’s location visit/movement and purchase data.
- Partner with the Content Marketing team to translate our data-rich insights into persuasive and consultative client strategies and strategic marketing playbooks based on InMarket research and survey data
- Build thought leadership program including webinars, lunch and learns and marketing materials across a variety of insights to drive strategic brand and agency conversations
- Work with data science to build insight franchises unique to InMarket, such as purchase trend and location score index briefs
- Build and expand InMarket’s insights syndication efforts including coordinating the distribution of InMarket’s insights with leading press outlets (i.e. NY Times, WSJ), and industry associations (i.e. MMA and including Path to Purchase Institute)
- 3 - 5 years of experience as an analyst
- Portfolio of successful insight reports/briefs
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent analytics, marketing, and writing skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree in statistics, research, public relations or relevant field is preferred
- 2 - 3 years experience at a analysts firm a plus (i.e. Forrester, Gartner)
- Competitive salary, plus stock options
- Medical, dental and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company Matched 401(k)
- Unlimited PTO (Within reason)
- Talented co-workers and management
- Agile Development Program (For continued learning/professional development)
- Paid Paternity & Maternity Leave
InMarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.