Job Title: Chief Privacy Officer and General Counsel
Location: Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, or remote
InMarket is the leader in digital advertising and predictive location solutions that help brands sense and respond to consumer needs in real-time. Since 2010, InMarket has helped thousands of brands leverage SDK-derived, opt-in consumer data to better understand who consumers are, why they make decisions and how best to reach them.
With InMarket’s suite of solutions, brands can better understand consumers, activate real-time digital advertising in the moments that matter and generate better campaign attribution.
InMarket’s Moments solution drives an average of 5x the performance of traditional digital media and was a key factor in winning Best Mobile Marketing Platform at the 2019 Digiday Awards. InMarket, headquartered in Los Angeles, has offices in Atlanta, Bentonville, Chicago, New York and San Francisco. For more information, visit www.InMarket.com.
A thriving 120 person consumer data startup seeks our first in-house counsel with emphasis on privacy. This leader will serve as a core pillar of the team, overseeing the legal, compliance and sustained growth of InMarket. This is a significant growth opportunity for the right candidate to expand into dealmaking and corporate development as we build new technologies, consider new investments, and develop new partnerships. This person’s main objective will be to oversee all legal strategy and advise on business decisions that span privacy, commercial, and corporate compliance.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in areas of data use and protection laws (including state and federal consumer protection and privacy laws, GDPR, CCPA, and other global privacy laws) and advise on compliance
- Assist product managers and leadership in evaluating the impact of privacy laws, regulatory guidance and enforcement actions, and other related guidelines on product features
- Support members of the technology, business, and operations teams on privacy and security-related legal matters, including areas related to partnerships, acquisitions, integrations, and other business development opportunities
- Drive high-profile and high-impact projects involving privacy analysis and compliance with stakeholders across InMarket's business, policy, legal, communications, security, and other departments
- Develop regulatory strategy in connection with new product features and initiatives and maintain InMarket’s ongoing privacy-by-design processes
- Help draft and oversee the development and management of InMarket'sterms and data policies across the full range of InMarket’s different products
- Help to develop and conduct privacy trainings across InMarket
- Manage internal privacy compliance programs and processes to ensure we meet our obligations under those programs
- You have years of hand on legal experience with emphasis on privacy, ideally working at a top-tier firm or in-house at a high-growth consumer enterprise.
- You have a JD from a respected institution and are a member of the bar.
- You have diverse legal experience touching some of the following: contract law, privacy, intellectual property, employment law, M&A, corporate governance.
- What direct experience you lack you make up for with enthusiasm, curiosity, and a strong desire to learn and push innovation. You have a particular curiosity and interest in direct-to-consumer commerce.
- You are flexible, appreciate working across numerous teams and challenges at any given time, and thrive in an agile, fast-moving work environment. You communicate legal issues while maintaining a business-minded approach to seek workable solutions.
- Your drive, tenacity, and get-it-done attitude is matched only by your unwavering ethics, discretion, integrity, and trustworthiness. You are well equipped with a strong perspective and low ego.
- Competitive salary, stock options, flexible vacation
- Medical, dental and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company Matched 401(k)
- Unlimited PTO
- Talented co-workers and management
- Agile Development Program (For continued learning/professional development)
- Paid Paternity & Maternity Leave
InMarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.