The most sophisticated companies in the world, such as Procter and Gamble and Walmart, rely on inMarket to predictively persuade consumers at key moment of truth. The most trusted news publications such as Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Business Insider utilize inMarket to understand how consumer behavior is evolving and what it means for global brands. Our competition has raised over $400 million dollars from VCs, we’ve raised $2MM and are thriving after 8 years of growth. How did inMarket become the leader in digital advertising and consumer insights at the moment of truth? By finding the best people in the world!
Founded in 2010 in Venice, CA by award-winning tech entrepreneurs, inMarket strives to embody the team mindset needed to thrive in the modern, digital workplace -- including all the quirks and creativity of our Venice roots. We are a high energy, fast paced company and a place where entrepreneurial self-starters thrive knowing teammates have all the bases well-covered. With offices in Venice, Chicago, New York, and Arkansas, inMarket is a growing company who has kept the spirit, culture and focus of an explosive tech startup. We are always in search of top talent like yours to join our family.
You are a good peep who has a blast going above and beyond to tackle daring challenges. Despite adversity, you somehow find a way to make stuff happen and are agile in a world of accelerating changes. You creatively brainstorm yet are data driven in your decision making.
Our Marketing Data Analyst will have direct access to the world’s most advanced 1st party data sets. They will use statistical tools and SQL queries to analyze anonymous consumer behavior data to understand who, how, and why people make purchase decisions. Focusing on consumer and business trends, they will pull detailed data reports that will be used by tier 1 press organizations (Wall Street Journal, New York Post, CNBC, etc). Keen creative and intelligence skills are required to find game changing insights in big data and weave the fact based persuasive story together in a way non-data junky business people can digest and take action on.
- Construct useful frameworks and analyze data from shopping trips, purchase history, demographics, and more to uncover market trends.
- Compile and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources.
- Slueth to determine patterns and trends that can be communicated externally.
- Be a SQL expert to help the marketing team and reporters mine data for game-changing learnings about how the economy works.
- Work with the content team to prepare data visualizations.
- Support data partnerships, such as the Path 2 Purchase Institute, in order to increase their reliance on inMarket data and analysis.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain technical insights to technical and non-technical groups
- SQL, or proven ability to rapidly learn SQL
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly determine drivers and reasons behind trends
- Statistical or data modeling background a strong plus
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools is a strong plus
- Cover Letter