At Inkling, we believe getting an organization’s most critical knowledge to their people should be simple. We know that learning should happen flawlessly, on the job and in the moment. The Inkling modern learning platform brings this vision to life.
Designed for today’s learners and today’s work, we equip some of the world’s most recognized brands to quickly create beautiful content, build structured learning paths, generate meaningful insights, and drive business impact.
The Inkling team is committed to delivering a better learning experience for everyone. If this sounds like a mission you’d like to support, please apply below!
We’re looking for a talented senior software engineer to join our diverse, fully distributed and growing engineering team. This role comes with a lot of autonomy and the potential to have a large impact on product direction. We need someone who has a passion for creating excellent user experiences that our customers and their employees will love. We’re motivated by the fact that our product will impact the day-to-day of businesses and field employees by bringing them modern technology for a more enriched work life.
This role is remote, based in North America.
- Build the front-end and back-end of Inkling’s web applications using React, Redux, Express, Backbone, Django, and more.
- Work on project-based teams with other remote full-stack engineers.
- Work with product managers, designers, and other teams to understand our customer's problems and what an elegant, delightful solution would look like.
- Work closely with design using tools like Figma.
- Plan, architect, and iterate on impactful features.
- Contribute beyond the level of a single engineer by advocating for good engineering practices and mentoring other engineers on your team.
- Fluency with React or Backbone and Python, Scala, or Java
- An understanding of design principles that lead to scalable and maintainable web application architectures.
- Our team values working well with other people. You must have excellent communication skills and the ability to coordinate well with our product, design and other engineering teams.
Within 1 month…
- Onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on Inkling’s business, vision and team and gain an understanding about how your role fits into Inking's broader organization
- Engineering focused onboarding program to learn about our development and deployment process
- Participate in weekly scrum ceremonies to engage with fellow members of engineering, product, and design and learn Inkling’s collaboration process
- Deploy your first bug fix or feature enhancement to production
Within 3 months…
- Gain understanding of the high-level architecture of one code base
- Comment actively in code review process
- Successfully shepherd small projects from development to production
- Propose engineering design for a small feature
Within 6 months…
- Have a high-level understanding of the architecture of a few code bases from different parts of the stack
- Become a go-to person for several areas within those code bases
- Guide own work to successful project outcomes
- Accurately and effectively scope proposed features within a project
Within 12 months…
- Work as a thought partner with product; find the best trade-offs in terms of time, quality, and functionality when solving customer problems
- Guide projects to successful engineering organization outcomes
- Propose engineering design or lead project team for a single-quarter project
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance
- Paid parental leave, and parental & caregiver benefits
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- Monthly Cell Phone and Data Reimbursement
- Stipend to setup your home office
- Annual learning and development stipend
- 12 Paid Holidays + ½ Day Fun Fridays
- 401(k) Program
- Employee resource groups for diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- A chance to work with a talented, smart and creative team!
Inkling is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.