Why Inkbit might be great for you
We are a collaborative team in the process of growing, passionate about creating the next-generation 3D printing platform. Inkbit’s technology is multi-disciplinary and exciting, combining artificial intelligence and machine learning with an industrial 3D printing form factor to revolutionize manufacturing.
You would join a team that is small enough that you will know everyone else well, where you will collaborate closely to solve exciting, impactful problems in 3D printing, and where you will be surrounded by others who are great at what they do and who are supportive team-players. At Inkbit, you will grow professionally in a teamwork-centric environment and will make impactful contributions to the team and the next generation of 3D printing.
What we are looking for in a Manager of Supply Chain and Materials
The Manager of Supply Chain and Materials will be responsible for all aspects of material flow, including planning, purchasing and inventory control, supplier management and vendor negotiations.
Inkbit is working with contract manufacturers to produce our printers and materials. The initial focus of this position will be to establish those key contracts and support the subsequent manufacturing transition. In parallel, the Manager will lead the purchasing activities for the entire company, including R&D and facilities.
The Manager, working closely with the other functions, will establish Inkbit’s purchasing system, policies and procedures and inventory management system.
Inkbit is a startup and the Operations department is in its infancy. Thus, this is a very hands-on position and is ideal for a candidate who wants to build a Supply Chain function from scratch. It is a great opportunity for a candidate who is excited about being part of a well-funded, exciting early-stage tech company and who is passionate about learning new skills and making a significant impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- All aspects of planning, scheduling, component procurement, vendor interaction and material flow through the production cycle
- Managing key supplier relationships and leading contract negotiations
- MRP system setup, maintenance, and utilization for procurement and scheduling requirements
- Developing and implementing required policies and procedures for all aspects of material flow and control
- Establishing and leading a supplier quality program
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Five years minimum experience as a Materials/Supply Chain individual contributor and/or manager
- Experience purchasing components and assemblies for complex capital equipment
- Experience forging strong relationships with contract manufacturers
- Experience with forecasting & demand planning, master scheduling, purchasing, capacity planning and inventory control
- Strong use and setup experience of MRP/ERP system
- Experience driving continued cost reduction activities with the value chain
- Bachelor's degree
- APICS Certification
- Familiarity with international logistics
- Master's Degree