The IT Operations Director is a member of the senior IT management team reporting to the Group CIO. The role is responsible for global teams providing IT Support Services, End User Computing and Infrastructure and Cloud services.
At Inizio, we value inclusivity, recognise the power of diversity, and inspire the next generation of change-makers. We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe in creating a work environment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to recruit from a diverse slate of candidates and foster an environment that provides the right conditions for long-term success. We welcome all applications regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, military veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation and physical or mental disability.
- Collaborate with IT leadership to align IT strategies with our company goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement IT policies, procedures, and standards.
- Manage and lead a team of IT professionals, including system administrators, network engineers, and support staff.
- Providing guidance, coaching, and performance evaluations to team members.
- Communicate effectively with team members, including executive leadership, department heads, and end-users.
- Provide regular updates on the status of IT operations and projects.
Budgeting and Resource Management:
- Develop and manage the IT budget, ensuring cost-effective use of resources.
- Evaluate and recommend technology investments to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Overseeing the design, implementation, and maintenance of our IT infrastructure, including servers, networks, storage, and other hardware components.
- Ensure the availability, reliability, and scalability of IT systems to meet our requirements.
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity:
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery plans to ensure we can recover from IT failures or disasters.
- Test and update these plans regularly to ensure their effectiveness.
Security and Compliance:
- Partner with the Chief Information Security Officer and their team to implement and maintain security measures to protect our IT infrastructure and data.
- Evaluate and select third-party vendors for IT products and services.
- Manage vendor relationships and ensuring that services meet agreed-upon standards.
Performance Monitoring and Optimization:
- Implement monitoring tools to track the performance of IT systems.
- Analyse data and metrics to identify areas for improvement and optimization.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement within the IT operations.
- Stay informed about emerging technologies and best practices to enhance IT capabilities.
What you bring to the role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Senior IT Leadership experience (5+ years or more).
- Demonstrated experience managing global IT teams in a large organisation.
- Strong experience establishing and maintaining service-level-agreements.
- Customer first attitude to service delivery.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ability to navigate and lead in a global and culturally diverse environment.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Information Technology, Computer Science (or related field), or equivalent relevant work experience.
Who are Inizio?
We help our clients navigate their clinical development and commercialization journey by connecting the best scientific knowledge, market intelligence, actionable data, technology, communication, and creative execution.
With a global presence and multiple career paths, the career possibilities are expanding at Inizio. We’re a growing global team of 11,700 - a $1.5bn revenue business working with the world’s leading health and life sciences businesses, and we have exciting growth plans. Whoever and wherever you are, we’ll empower you with the autonomy you need to experiment, learn, and grow. We’ll make sure that you feel valued, supported and, of course, because we’re helping our clients to transform healthcare and improve millions of lives you can feel pride in your work at Inizio.
Package and benefits
- Great compensation package
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension plan
- Annual healthcare allowance
- Life assurance
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.