Inizio is a global leader in provision of integrated healthcare services across strategic consulting, benchmarking, commercialisation, customer engagement, events, marketing and communications.
The Company is a network of diverse industry specialists, connected by science, strategy and imagination, working with a wide range of pharma, healthcare and biotech companies. The Company has grown both organically and through major acquisition in many countries and over several key service offerings.
Reporting to the UK and EU Financial Controller, this role is based out of our London, UK office on a hybrid basis.
Our Accountant will complete accounting activities for business units in designated regions. Activities include processing journal entries, completing reconciliations, maintaining business unit general ledgers, fixed assets accounting, executing closing activities and submitting financial results.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of accounting activities
- Execute business unit accounting activities such as, but not limited to, journal entries, general ledger / sub-ledger and account reconciliations, fixed asset accounting, other account analyses and business unit closing activities in a timely and accurate manner and submit results for consolidation
- Post adjustments, accruals and other types of journal entries in accordance with the financial standards and controls framework
- Monitor and execute specific internal controls within accounting processes and other general accounting activities
- Maintain business unit ledgers / sub-ledgers within Maconomy, providing accurate and complete records of assets, liabilities and transactions
- Review and approve GL allocation from Sub ledger.
- Approve AP payments on Banking portal.
- Manage and execute closing activities in accordance with the close calendar and checklist and submit results for consolidation
- Process monthly / quarterly income tax accruals as required
- Prepare VAT Returns
- Complete treasury management activities such as bank account and cash reconciliations
- Contribute to strategic continuous improvement initiatives in the organization and incorporate changes as required
- Promptly respond to information requests from internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to internal and external audits requests for information as required
- Participate in the handover of processes between SSC team and local finance teams through Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) documentation, knowledge capture and knowledge transfer
- Comply with Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Ensure compliance with internal finance policies and external statutory regulations
- Apply the company’s internal control environment (SOX or otherwise) to the Record to Report function
- Operate in a hybrid work environment
- Support a culture of high performance and collaboration with all stakeholders
- Perform other duties as directed by the Financial Controller
- Highly Collaborative Role
- Strong customer service focus with commitment to building professional, responsive and effective relationship
- Enthusiastic and pro-active approach, fosters collaborative working relationships in all situations
- Flexible and willing to work in a “hands on” manner to ensure that all tasks are completed by the team on a timely basis
- Possesses the ability to identify opportunities for process improvement
- Delivers tasks in a professional and organised way, responsive to priorities
- Able to assimilate large amounts of information quickly and interested in rapid learning
- Ability to handle change effectively and deal with ambiguity
- Strong analytical skills
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- 4-5 years of experience in an accounting role. Can be studying towards a qualification with the relevant years of experience
- Experience working in a Shared Services environment is preferred
- Experience working for a multinational organization and collaborating with colleagues internationally
- Experience of working in a complex accounting environment
- Motivated individual who works well with others and thinks clearly with the ability to problem-solve individually or in a group setting
- Maconomy systems experience preferred
- Ability to work and communicate with various levels within the organization, including members of the management team
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.