At Inizio, we value inclusivity, recognize the power of diversity, and inspire the next generation of change-makers. We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe in creating a work environment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to recruit from a diverse slate of candidates and foster an environment that provides the right conditions for long-term success. We welcome all applications regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, military veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation and physical or mental disability.
Working as part of a global information security team, you will lead an in-house team of security analysts to monitor system activities, identify potential risks, and vulnerabilities, and manage security events of interest and incidents. You will also manage the operational relationship with our 3rd party MSSP and other security partners.
This is a remote-working role reporting to our Chief Information Security Officer.
What you will do
- Ensure all alerts and incidents are investigated and remediated.
- Daily management, administration & maintenance of security devices to achieve operational effectiveness.
- Ensuring the incident response process is followed and improved.
- Develop and update processes to strengthen the current Security Operations Framework.
- Implement threat management, and threat modelling, identify threat vectors and develop use cases for security monitoring.
- Create reports, dashboards, and metrics for presentation to senior management.
- Research, develop, and keep abreast of tools, techniques, and process improvements to support security detection and analysis by observing current and emerging threat and attack vectors.
- Lead in the effort of finding known and unknown threats and understanding new adversary TTPs (Tactics, Techniques and Procedures). The Mitre ATT&CK framework is an important component.
- Coach and mentor a team of Security Analysts.
What you bring to the role
- 3+ years of relevant experience working in an IT Security Operations role or similar Cyber Security role.
- Demonstrable experience working within a cloud environment – e.g. Azure, AWS.
- Expertise in security tools such as email security solutions, web filtering, XDR etc.
- Experience leading teams to deliver initiatives in line with our company goals.
- Knowledge of information security industry best practices i.e. NIST, ISO, MITRE, and CIS Controls.
- Comprehensive understanding of cyber risk and cyber resilience.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Security, Computer Science, or a related discipline; OR 3 years equivalent direct work-related experience.
- Recognised industry certification (ISACA, ISC2 or SANS).
Who are Inizio?
We help our clients navigate their clinical development and commercialization journey by connecting best-in-class scientific knowledge, market intelligence, actionable data, the latest tech, communication, and creative execution.
With a global presence and many career paths, the career possibilities are expanding at Inizio. We're a growing global team of 11,700 - a $1.5bn revenue business working with the world's leading health and life sciences businesses, and we have exciting growth plans. Whoever and wherever you are, we'll empower you with the autonomy you need to experiment, learn, and grow. We'll make sure that you feel valued, supported, and confident being yourself at work. And of course, because we're helping our clients to transform healthcare and improve millions of lives you can feel pride in your work at Inizio.
Package and benefits
- Great compensation package
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension plan
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.