At Inizio, we value inclusivity, recognize the power of diversity, and inspire the next generation of change-makers. We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe in creating a work environment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to recruit from a diverse slate of candidates and foster an environment that provides the right conditions for long-term success. We welcome all applications regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, military veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation and physical or mental disability.
Working as part of a global information security team, and reporting to our Chief Information Security Officer, you will lead an in-house team of security analysts to monitor system activities, identify potential risks, and manage security events and incidents. You will also manage the operational relationship with our 3rd party MSSP and other security partners.
What you will do
- Lead a team to ensure that:
- All alerts and incidents are investigated and remediated.
- Security devices and tools are managed & maintained to achieve operational effectiveness.
- Incident response process is followed and improved.
- Processes are developed and updated to strengthen the current Security Operations Framework.
- Working with the MSSP, use cases for security monitoring are implemented based on threat modelling.
- Reports, dashboards, and metrics are available for presentation to senior management.
- The security operations team are developing their competence by researching and staying current with tools, techniques and process improvements to enhance our security posture.
- Lead in the effort of finding known and unknown threats and understanding new adversary TTPs (Tactics, Techniques and Procedures). The Mitre ATT&CK framework is an important component.
- Excellent working relationships are maintained with wider IT and business teams and will share knowledge and best practice.
What you bring to the role
- 3+ years of relevant experience working in an IT Security Operations role or similar Cyber Security role.
- Demonstrable experience working within a cloud environment – e.g. Azure, AWS.
- Expertise in security tools such as email security solutions, web filtering, XDR etc.
- Experience leading teams to deliver initiatives in line with our company goals.
- Knowledge of information security industry best practices i.e. NIST, ISO, MITRE, and CIS Controls.
- Comprehensive understanding of cyber risk and cyber resilience.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Security, Computer Science, or a related discipline; OR 3 years equivalent direct work-related experience.
- Recognised industry certification (ISACA, ISC2 or SANS).
Who are Inizio?
We help our clients navigate their clinical development and commercialization journey by connecting best-in-class scientific knowledge, market intelligence, actionable data, the latest tech, communication, and creative execution.
With a global presence and many career paths, the career possibilities are expanding at Inizio. We’re a growing global team of 11,700 - a $1.5bn revenue business working with the world’s leading health and life sciences businesses, and we have exciting growth plans. Whoever and wherever you are, we’ll empower you with the autonomy you need to experiment, learn, and grow. We’ll make sure that you feel valued, supported, and confident being yourself at work. And of course, because we’re helping our clients to transform healthcare and improve millions of lives you can feel pride in your work at Inizio.
Package and benefits
- Great compensation package
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension plan
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.