Ingenuity Prep prepares students in Ward 8 to succeed in college and beyond as impactful civic leaders. Our innovative instructional model promotes small group learning for students, collaborative teaching teams, and robust coaching and professional development opportunities for teachers. Our teacher career ladder rewards strong performance over time, giving teachers the opportunity to earn higher levels of base compensation and bonuses as they demonstrate effectiveness with their students and colleagues.
We are looking for experienced teachers who are deeply committed to our students, have a passion for early childhood instruction, and want to be part of a dynamic classroom team to join our team for the 2021-22 school year.
WHAT WE’RE ABOUT
- Mission: We’re closing the opportunity gap. Students and families in Southeast D.C. have too few options for high-quality elementary, middle, and high schools. Ingenuity Prep aspires to right this systemic injustice providing an exemplary educational option for Southeast D.C.’s students and families.
- Model: We pair high expectations with high support. Too often, our students are underestimated. At Ingenuity Prep, an innovative teacher development model, paired with best-in-class training from strong instructional leaders, allows us to grow great teachers who, ultimately, lead high-expectation and high-support classrooms.
- Results: Our students are defying expectations. Ingenuity Prep’s students outperform their neighborhood peers on rigorous, national, college-track assessments. Already out-performing many of their more privileged peers around the city, in the coming years, Ingenuity Prep’s students will provide an expectation-defying and achievement-gap-closing proof point — showing what our kids are capable of when we provide the right opportunities, expectations, and support.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As an Early Childhood Academy teacher, you will:
- Work with your classroom team to create a joyful, efficient, learning-focused classroom that leads to exemplary student growth -- both academically and socio-emotionally; lead teachers will lead and provide feedback to their team.
- Plan and execute engaging and rigorous lessons and activities, from read-alouds to centers work.
- Use a range of summative and formative assessment data to thoughtfully adjust and differentiate instruction.
- Collaborate with and support colleagues in the classroom and through weekly professional development opportunities.
- Provide emotional constancy and support for your students -- and your colleagues.
- Communicate and work closely with students’ families.
- Utilize the Every Child Ready curriculum to provide students with rich content, and use Teach Like a Champion techniques to ensure that routines and transitions are quick and effective.
- Receive regular, individualized coaching from IP’s instructional leadership team to grow your practice.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Ingenuity Prep may be the right fit for you if:
- You have at least two years of experience as a lead teacher in an early childhood setting and a history of raising student achievement in a low-income school.
- You want to work closely with your peers in a collaborative teaching setting.
- You want to work in a feedback-rich culture, and are eager to grow your practice through individual coaching and professional development opportunities.
- You have a history of effectively using academic data to drive whole-group and small-group instruction.
- You believe effective instruction is full of joy and rigor.
- You have consistently partnered with families as part of your plan for student success.
- You have a track record of holding high expectations for yourself and your students.
- You have experience working with the Every Child Ready curriculum
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree and, ideally, certification to teach in D.C.
MORE ABOUT US
Ingenuity Prep offers among the strongest compensation and benefits packages of any public charter school in Washington, D.C. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- An innovative compensation structure (salary and bonus) for instructional positions based on demonstrated effectiveness and retention.
- Highly competitive compensation for non-instructional positions.
- 100% of medical and dental premiums for employees paid for by Ingenuity Prep, along with 100% of dependent premiums and 50% of spouse’s or domestic partner’s premiums.
- 100% of employee’s short and long-term disability and life insurance plans paid for by Ingenuity Prep.
- A minimum of two weeks maternity/paternity leave, up to 6 weeks, at 100% of pay (60% from IP and remaining pay from DC Paid Family Leave ) for all staff — regardless of gender.
- A 100% match -- up to 3% -- on your 401K retirement plan.
- A 100% Ingenuity Prep-paid cell phone plan. You can even bring your current number into our plan.
- MacBook Air computer for professional and personal use
Ingenuity Prep does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, veteran status, religion, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.