Ingenuity Prep prepares PreK, elementary, and middle school students in Ward 8 to succeed in college and beyond as impactful civic leaders. Our innovative instructional model promotes small group learning for students, collaborative teaching teams, and robust coaching and professional development opportunities for teachers. Our teacher career ladder rewards strong performance over time, giving teachers the opportunity to earn higher levels of base compensation and bonuses as they demonstrate effectiveness with their students and colleagues. Our instructional leaders are charged with supporting teachers by providing clear expectations, ongoing feedback, and targeted development.
We are looking for an outstanding Speech-Language Pathologist to collaborate with the Student Support Team and teachers to ensure that students with speech and language disorders are identified and provided with the highest quality services. The ideal candidate is committed to using data and programming therapy to ensure that all students receive an excellent education. To support the implementation of quality services, Ingenuity Prep supports reasonable caseloads and provides adequate materials and workspace in which to treat and evaluate students. The SLP will be supported in pursuing professional development opportunities that bring benefit to our students and staff.
WHAT WE’RE ABOUT
- Mission: We’re closing the opportunity gap. Students and families in Southeast D.C. have too few options for high-quality elementary, middle, and high schools. Ingenuity Prep aspires to right this systemic injustice providing an exemplary educational option for Southeast D.C. 's students and families.
- Model: We pair high expectations with high support. Too often, our students are underestimated. At Ingenuity Prep, an innovative teacher development model, paired with best-in-class training from strong instructional leaders, allows us to grow great teachers who, ultimately, lead high-expectation and high-support classrooms.
- Results: Our students are defying expectations. Ingenuity Prep’s students outperform their neighborhood peers on rigorous, national, college-track assessments. Already out-performing many of their more privileged peers around the city, in the coming years, Ingenuity Prep’s students will provide an expectation-defying and achievement-gap-closing proof point — showing what our kids are capable of when we provide the right opportunities, expectations, and support.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Speech Language Pathologist at Ingenuity Prep, you will:
- Conduct thorough assessments and diagnoses of articulation and language disorders for students who are undergoing a special education evaluation in these areas
- Conduct formal and informal screenings of students who are possible candidates for special education referral
- Provide individual and group services to students - including special education services - that emphasize improved academic outcomes
- Participate in the development of IEPs.
- Work closely with teachers, families, and the Student and Family Support Services team to coordinate special services to students with IEPs.
- Communicate regularly with families on student progress.
- Collaborate with teachers and leaders on instructional strategies and accommodations and modifications, and provide teachers with resources to support their own work with students.
- Work in close partnership with another Speech Language Pathologist to ensure all timely and effective coordination of services, evaluation, and RTI.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Ingenuity Prep may be the right fit for you if:
- You have a deep belief in Ingenuity Prep’s model and mission.
- You have experience working with young children; experience in a school-based role - either as a teacher or an SLP in a low-income school is preferred.
- You want to work in a feedback-rich culture, and are eager to grow your practice and support the practice of others who are working with students.
- You can successfully leverage Ingenuity Prep’s existing resources and materials -- and identify appropriate materials and resources that will allow you and your students to achieve even more.
- You have experience successfully engaging supporting students -- especially young students -- in achieving goals.
- You believe effective support for students is full of joy and rigor.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and Master’s Degree.
- You are licensed by the D.C. Department of Health to practice Speech-Language Pathology; ASHA certification is preferred, and strong Clinical Fellows (CFs) will also be considered.
MORE ABOUT US
Ingenuity Prep offers among the strongest compensation and benefits packages of any public charter school in Washington, D.C. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- An innovative compensation structure (salary and bonus) for instructional positions based on demonstrated effectiveness and retention.
- Highly competitive compensation for non-instructional positions.
- 100% of medical and dental premiums for employees paid for by Ingenuity Prep, along with 100% of dependent premiums and 50% of spouse’s or domestic partner’s premiums.
- 100% of employee’s short and long-term disability and life insurance plans paid for by Ingenuity Prep.
- A minimum of two weeks maternity/paternity leave, up to 6 weeks, at 100% of pay (60% from IP and remaining pay from DC Paid Family Leave ) for all staff — regardless of gender.
- A 100% match -- up to 3% -- on your 401K retirement plan.
- A 100% Ingenuity Prep-paid cell phone plan. You can even bring your current number into our plan.
- MacBook Air computer for professional and personal use
Ingenuity Prep does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, veteran status, religion, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.