Ingenuity Prep prepares PreK, elementary, and middle school students in Ward 8 to succeed in college and beyond as impactful civic leaders. Our innovative instructional model promotes small group learning for students, collaborative teaching teams, and robust coaching and professional development opportunities for teachers. Our teacher career ladder rewards strong performance over time, giving teachers the opportunity to earn higher levels of base compensation and bonuses as they demonstrate effectiveness with their students and colleagues. Our instructional leaders are charged with supporting teachers by providing clear expectations, ongoing feedback, and targeted development.
We are looking for a dedicated team member to create and execute our school-wide family and community engagement strategy in close partnership with academic and organizational leaders to ensure that families and the community are true partners in the work that we do.
WHAT WE’RE ABOUT
- Mission: We’re closing the opportunity gap. Students and families in Southeast D.C. have too few options for high-quality elementary, middle, and high schools. Ingenuity Prep aspires to right this systemic injustice providing an exemplary educational option for Southeast D.C. 's students and families.
- Model: We pair high expectations with high support. Too often, our students are underestimated. At Ingenuity Prep, an innovative teacher development model, paired with best-in-class training from strong instructional leaders, allows us to grow great teachers who, ultimately, lead high-expectation and high-support classrooms.
- Results: Our students are defying expectations. Ingenuity Prep’s students outperform their neighborhood peers on rigorous, national, college-track assessments. Already out-performing many of their more privileged peers around the city, in the coming years, Ingenuity Prep’s students will provide an expectation-defying and achievement-gap-closing proof point — showing what our kids are capable of when we provide the right opportunities, expectations, and support.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Front Desk Management
- Serve as the first point of contact between Ingenuity Prep and its students, families, staff, vendors and neighborhood community by greeting and documenting all visitors
- Monitor and control access to the school building, including opening and closing the school
- Answer phones, respond to inquiries, and accurately process messages
School Registrar Responsibilities
- Collect, review and verify daily attendance to completion, including tracking and entering tardies, ensuring teacher submission.
- Enter accurate student attendance information into the student information system.
- Support school in meeting or exceeding school attendance goals, attendance incentive programs and corrective action initiatives
- Create and maintain secure student files, including registration materials, permission slips, progress reports, and other relevant materials
School Operations Support
- Provide administrative support for the school including preparation of school mailings, faxing, scanning, document organization and maintenance; and creation of various documents for correspondence and communications to staff and families
- Complete Medical Administration training and administer medication and basic first aid if school nurse is not available
- Report building maintenance needs to the appropriate individual and support coordination with vendors and custodial staff on repairs, deliveries and installations
Recruitment, Admissions, and Enrollment
- Coordinate with Ops leadership to move all new and returning students through the enrollment process
- Answer questions from prospective families about enrollment
- Advocate for the school model and community in such a way that encourages prospective families to complete enrollment
- Share details on school model and Ingenuity Prep core values to support families in choosing Ingenuity Prep
- Process student applications/enrollment and communicate with families about the status of applications
- Monitor and report enrollment paperwork completion/submission to leadership regularly
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Ingenuity Prep might be the right fit for you if:
- You deeply believe in Ingenuity Prep’s mission and in our ability to meet ambitious results
- You consistently demonstrate exceptional social, emotional, and cultural competency, and are friendly and engaging when interacting with others
- You approach challenges with a “can do” attitude
- You are a detailed oriented and strong critical thinker
- You are driven by meeting and exceeding goals, and consistently deliver on time results
- You are efficient and use time and resources wisely
- You have experience in a school-based, customer service, and/or administrative role previous experience in school operations is strongly preferred.
- You are proficient with GoogleDocs and Microsoft Office - particularly Excel
- You have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
MORE ABOUT US
Ingenuity Prep offers among the strongest compensation and benefits packages of any public charter school in Washington, D.C. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- An innovative compensation structure (salary and bonus) for instructional positions based on demonstrated effectiveness and retention.
- Highly competitive compensation for non-instructional positions.
- 100% of medical and dental premiums for employees paid for by Ingenuity Prep, along with 100% of dependent premiums and 50% of spouse’s or domestic partner’s premiums.
- 100% of employee’s short and long-term disability and life insurance plans paid for by Ingenuity Prep.
- A minimum of two weeks maternity/paternity leave, up to 6 weeks, at 100% of pay (60% from IP and remaining pay from DC Paid Family Leave ) for all staff — regardless of gender.
- A 100% match -- up to 3% -- on your 401K retirement plan.
- A 100% Ingenuity Prep-paid cell phone plan. You can even bring your current number into our plan.
- MacBook Air computer for professional and personal use
Ingenuity Prep does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, veteran status, religion, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.