As a Go Database Engineer, you'll be working on the core of InfluxDB, an open source time series database written in Go. As part of the core database team, you'll be on the forefront of development with Go, helping us solve problems in high-performance, distributed computing. We've written a storage engine from scratch and are continuing to innovate on our query engine and clustering functionality, which is exactly where we're hoping you'll jump in.
Ideally, you'll have strong experience building databases, distributed systems, working with data structures and algorithms, and maybe even a degree in one of these areas. Hopefully, you'll have had some experience with Go or fluency with a similar language (Java, C, C++, etc) plus excitement about learning Go.
We're looking for candidates who value continually mastering the craft of coding and building tools that benefit the open source development community. You'll need to be open to experimenting, which means that you'll also need persistence. You'll also be working closely with your team, so you'll need to be empathic, supportive, and self-aware.
- Being a core contributor to the InfluxDB codebase
- Taking a leadership role in open source community
- Being decisive about architecture and implementation decisions
- Providing thoughtful and clear feedback on pull requests from your coworkers and peers
- Writing documentation and maybe a few blogs
- Preferably, a graduate degree in CS with focus on data structures and algorithms, database design, or distributed systems
- You can read and write Go code (because InfluxDB itself is written in Go) or a similar language
- You are familiar with network protocols: the lower layers like IP, TCP, and UDP; and the higher layers like HTTP
- You have experience in distributed computing
- You have the knowledge level of at least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- You believe that writing clear and concise tests is important
- Extensive open-source contributions
- You must be authorized to work in the United States
We're backed by Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures. We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits, with 100% coverage for employees and dependents. We also believe strongly in conferences and will cover conference attendance and travel costs for our team.