As the Director of Engineering for the Platform team you'll be leading the group developing InfluxDB and other parts of the InfluxData TICK stack platform. InfluxDB is an open source time series database written in Go. You should have experience leading small to medium sized teams of developers and maintaining open source projects.
Ideally, you'll have strong experience building databases, distributed systems, working with data structures and algorithms, and have a degree in computer science. You should be a self starter that is able to reason about requirements for new features and constantly keep your team in motion by eliminating any blockers for them.
We're looking for candidates who value continually mastering the craft of coding and building tools that benefit the open source development community. You'll need to be open to experimenting, which means that you'll also need persistence. You'll also be working closely with your team, so you'll need to be empathic, supportive, and self-aware.
- Lead the InfluxDB team with regular planning and updates to senior management
- Taking a leadership role in open source community
- Being decisive about architecture and implementation decisions
- Providing thoughtful and clear feedback on pull requests from your coworkers and peers
- Writing documentation and maybe a few blogs
- Preferably, a graduate degree in CS with focus on data structures and algorithms, database design, or distributed systems
- You can read and write Go code (because InfluxDB itself is written in Go)
- You are familiar with network protocols: the lower layers like IP, TCP, and UDP; and the higher layers like HTTP
- You have experience in distributed computing
- You have the knowledge level of at least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- You believe that writing clear and concise tests is important
- Extensive open-source contributions
- You must be authorized to work in the United States
We're backed by Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures. We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits, with 100% coverage for employees and dependents. We also believe strongly in conferences and will cover conference attendance and travel costs for our team.