InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading time series platform. We empower developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, Siemens, and Tesla, to build real-time applications for IoT, analytics, and cloud native services. Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by sensors, applications and computer infrastructure. InfluxData is headquartered in San Francisco, with a workforce distributed throughout the U.S., Canada, and across Europe.
As our Customer Success Manager, you will be one of the initial members in a new and exciting team at InfluxData working with our customer base to achieve their key objectives with our solutions. You will work with a prioritized list of accounts to facilitate the deployment, services and training associated with InfluxEnterprise. You will drive value by giving proactive guidance, uncovering key issues and blockers and help customers navigate around them to become successful with InfluxData. Success for this position will be measured by achievement of customer outcomes, retention and growth metrics.
What You'll Be Doing
- Actively manage the success of a portfolio of assigned InfluxData Enterprise customers, with the end goal of reducing churn and driving expansion
- Collaborate with enterprise customers on their key objectives with InfluxEnterprise conducting thorough discovery
- Build relationships with multiple individuals in each account, including executive sponsors and decision-makers
- Develop proactive success plans designed to achieve valuable outcomes
- Collaborate with Sales, technical Pre-sales, Solution Architect and Support teams to execute on success plans
- Become an expert in the InfluxData value propositions and time series space in order to provide effective guidance to our customer base
- Develop methods to identify and address at-risk accounts
- Identify growth opportunities to maximize customer value and outcomes
- Track impact of activities on customer engagement, retention and growth in salesforce.com and Gainsight platforms
- Function as the voice of the customer and provide internal feedback on how we can better serve our customers
- Work closely with the CRO and head of Customer Success to:
- Develop effective onboarding strategies
- Define efficient renewal processes designed to maximize retention and forecasting
- Design an overall Customer Success lifecycle
What You'll Bring to the Team
- Strong technical aptitude. Ability to be conversant on technical topics critical to InfluxData customers (Windows/Linux system administration, Networking, DB concepts, Big Data analytics, etc)
- 2 years of experience in a customer success or similar role supporting technical customer personas
- Insatiable curiosity with an eagerness to find the root of customer value
- Strong communicator and ability to take control of complex customer meetings
- Minimum of 1 year of enterprise software experience
- Understanding of SaaS business models
- Demonstrable history of meeting or exceeding goals
- Excellent communication skills
Bonus if you have
- Relevant educational degrees and certifications
- Experience in NoSQL data technologies or other modern platforms
- Negotiating experience having managed typical enterprise contracts
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- ....and more perks!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.