InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading time series platform. We empower developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, Siemens, and Tesla, to build real-time applications for IoT, analytics, and cloud native services. Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by sensors, applications and computer infrastructure. InfluxData is headquartered in San Francisco, with a workforce distributed throughout the U.S., Canada, and across Europe.
Our sales team is growing at InfluxData and we’re looking for our first Commercial Account Executive! If sales is in your blood and you have a track record of achieving your quota, read on.
You'll be responsible for closing transactions as well as generating pipeline for our business with small & mid-sized organizations. You are a hunter. You enjoy creating new relationships and nurturing old ones. You’re all about working hard, supporting one another, ideating nonstop, and you have a lot of fun while doing it. At InfluxData, no loss takes us down, and no win goes uncelebrated.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building a sustainable pipeline and manage the entire sales lifecycle
- Understanding the competitive landscape, & positioning InfluxData to win
- Building strong relationships and establish trust, both internally and with prospects/customers
- Building the pipeline through various methods, including cold calling, research, etc.
- Forecasting and managing your sales activity and pipeline to meet revenue targets and company goals
- Meeting or exceeding monthly targets and quarterly quota
What we’re looking for:
- +1 year of selling data solutions, SaaS, or PaaS
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, able to talk to all levels at an organization
- Demonstrable history of meeting or exceeding quota
- Strong prospecting, qualifying, closing and managing skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience selling open source/SaaS
- Experience in NoSQL data technologies or other modern data platforms
- Experience selling enterprise management solutions (Systems Management, Cloud Management, log analytics, APM, Network Monitoring)
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- ....and more perks!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.