When something is broken, do you want to figure out why?
When you figure out why, do you explain the process to your friends?
Join our growing support team to level up on cutting-edge technology, Golang, Open Source community management, SaaS operations, and to collaborate with our wide range of customers and partners.
As a Support Engineer, you'll respond to support questions from our range of customers, collaborate with the developers and product teams on characterizing, reproducing, and fixing issues, add to our documentation and training materials, host webinars, and work with our open-source community on GitHub and elsewhere. You will be a key part of our 24/7 support presence, supporting our on-premise customers and SaaS users.
We're looking for candidates who value continual improvement, building tools and teachings that benefit the open source development community.You'll need to be open to experimenting, which means that sometimes you will fail. (That's okay -- every mistake is also a lesson.) You'll need the persistence to find a solution without a flowchart laying out the entire process.
The Support team is a good home for people who like to leave things better than they found them. We are people who say "I'll learn!" rather than "I don't know."
* Support a global customer base via GitHub, community, email or ticketing systems
* Demonstrate ownership, follow-through with customers and drive issues to resolution
* Reproduce customer issues and test new product functionality
* Partner with customers to achieve their desired goals by illustrating best practices
* Adhere to contractual SLAs for responsiveness
* Update and extend documentation
* Participate in on-call rotation
* Communicate recurring issues, challenges, and roadblocks in a timely manner.
* Experience in a customer-facing position
* Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
* Empathy for people facing technical challenges
* 2+ years of technical work experience: support, development, engineering, etc.
* Comfortable in Linux-based application hosting environments, administration experience a plus
* Hands on experience in at least one scripting language (Ruby, Python, Bash, etc.)
* DevOps exposure on public cloud environments using containerization
* Experience working with RESTful APIs
Nice to have:
* Wide-ranging knowledge in database concepts, database clustering, HA services, load balancing, automation, monitoring and configuration management.
* Knowledge of Networking and HTTP(S)d
* Familiarity with Automation tools such as Ansible, puppet
* Software development experience, particularly Golang is a plus
* Git or other version control systems experience
* Familiarity with system monitoring tools and practices (nagios, zabbix, Zenoss, Sensu, Chronograf)
* Documentation or tech writing experience
* Professional Services or Training experience
* Experience with time-series data tools
InfluxData is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and is backed by Sapphire Ventures, Mayfield Fund and Trinity Ventures.
2021-042 & 2021-R38
Company Overview: InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.