InfluxData is a remote first company that has a strong commitment to open source, learning with humility, and getting stuff done. This is a great opportunity to experience day-to-day life in an exciting tech company. Our interns are integrated members of the engineering teams they join, where they will participate in our weekly engineering planning meetings and contribute using the same engineering planning, review, and testing processes as our employees. This provides an opportunity for interns to learn how commercial software is written. We value our interns for their injection of new ideas, new perspectives, and it gives us a chance to meet students and prospective future employees. We are looking for interns to join any one of our teams, outlined below:
- Compute: cloud platform system-level design, monitoring and tooling
- Query: flux query language development and application
- UI: visual tools to query time-series data and display the results on dashboards etc.
- E-commerce: global provisioning, account lifecycle and e-commerce integrations
- Edge: development and maintenance of our open-source database
- Telegraf: server agents, data processing, open-source community interaction
- Deployments: systems to support continuous delivery and integration of new software features for our SaaS product
- Storage: data storage and retrieval
We will provide structure, definition of goals, process, relationships, community, and a breadth of mentoring experiences to give students the best chance to succeed at their projects. Our mentors range from recent graduates of boot camps, to CS PhDs with several years of teaching experience.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing software for our commercial or open-source database projects
- Pair with teammates to deliver well structured production code with automated tests
- Regularly participate in code reviews and design discussions
What you bring to the table
- In progress or recently completed Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or participation in a relevant coding bootcamp
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical curiosity and a strong desire to learn and improve
- Contributions to any open source project
- Prior experience and/or Interest in working with Go
- Experience with Elixir or React.
- Working knowledge of Git (and GitHub)
- Comfortable navigating Unix/Linux systems via terminal
It’s not expected that you’ll have deep expertise in every dimension above, but you should be interested in learning any of the areas that are less familiar to you.
*We are unable to sponsor visas at this time (new or transfers) in any location*
Some of these roles that are posted in different locations denote that they’re open in general to remote candidates within the areas that we support. From a remote perspective, we currently support Canada, the UK, Germany, Italy and the US.
Interview Process All our interviews are done remotely. Often the first interview is by phone or video and all subsequent interviews via video on Zoom. In order to ensure each candidate we interview is able to participate, please let us know if you do not have the ability to use a phone and/or laptop.
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.