InfluxDB is one of the most popular and fastest growing open source databases, and is the premier platform for building Time Series Applications, such as for IoT, Finance, Monitoring, etc. InfluxData, the company behind InfluxDB, now has a fully SaaS version, as well as our wildly popular Open Source product.
Do you follow the latest CVEs? Do you track zero day exploits? We are looking for someone passionate about security to help us protect our toolchain from bad actors. You would be looking at our digital supply chain through a security lens, identifying areas where we can be more secure and building process enforcement to make those improvements part of our pipeline.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with deep experience running in production at scale, and who has a strong interest in Open Source, Kubernetes, security and helping fellow developers.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Improve the security of our CI/CD pipeline. Implement security process enforcement in automation.
- Ensuring that we are tracking appropriate metrics on our pipeline to know that we are improving security.
- Contributing fixes and features back upstream to open source tools used in the pipeline.
- Working with other teams to ensure the components of our SaaS offering are designed to be secure.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- You are knowledgeable about Kubernetes and its surrounding ecosystem.
- You have real-world experience doing security audits, architecture reviews, security monitoring, vulnerability assessment/patching/tracking.
- You have experience implementing and integrating security tooling into CI/CD.
- You have experience working closely with teams deploying software to multiple regions in multiple clouds.
- You know how to collaborate with many teams to identify a company's value stream pipeline and where to focus on security optimization
- You are comfortable coding in Go, or you know enough other languages that picking up Go won't be any trouble for you.
- You have prior experience working with a geographically distributed organization.
- You have at least 3 years of industry experience across the areas listed above.
*We are unable to sponsor visas at this time (new or transfers) in any location*
Some of these roles that are posted in different locations denote that they’re open in general to remote candidates within the states that we support. From a remote perspective, we currently support Canada, the UK, Germany, Italy and the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, SD, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI.
Interview Process All our interviews are done remotely. Often the first interview is by phone or video and all subsequent interviews via video on Zoom. In order to ensure each candidate we interview is able to participate, please let us know if you do not have the ability to use a phone and/or laptop.
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.