At InfluxData, the creators of InfluxDB, our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers, and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quickly and to scale.
You'll be using your operations skill, software crafting abilities, and teamwork to maintain and extend foundational technologies to provide highly available, distributed services to customers who rely on InfluxData's time series platform where metrics and events are first-class citizens.
You'll join an awesome globally-distributed team, bringing experience in designing, implementing, and operating large scale, multi-cloud infrastructure. You appreciate that great products require great culture: you design and implement with respect and kindness across multiple engineering teams.
We embrace an empathetic, supportive, and communicative environment pulling from one another's strengths and perseverance through failure and the resulting lessons learned.
What you'd bring to the table:
- Kubernetes and surrounding ecosystems (e.g., Istio, Vault) in production environments: we use EKS, GKE, AKS, and have rolled our own.
- Operational infrastructure experience: you’ve built or supported high-availability systems in the past, whether bare-metal, cloud, or in between.
- Continuous deployment to multiple clouds and clusters: we use ArgoCD, GitOps techniques, and continually strive to make the developer experience more pleasant.
- If it’s not run by Terraform, why not? We lean heavily on automation tooling to make life more predictable.
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure with production workloads: we’re located where our customers need us to be, and we lean heavily into managed services where it makes sense.
Bonus if you've had experience:
- Implementing and abiding by SLOs dictated by mature SLIs in production.
- Being an incident lead, engaging multiple groups simultaneously to resolve critical problems.
- Automating All the Things with great success (or, if not, how you learned from the experience.)
- Thriving in a remote-first, distributed team environment.
Company Overview: InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.