Are you a budding product designer who puts the user first? Do you desire to see your work have a measurable business impact? We’re looking for product design interns to join our Growth & Analytics Team who want to break into the burgeoning field of Growth Design. This role is equal parts design and research, with a good measure of front-end development.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborating with the Growth & Analytics Team to discover lightweight, high-impact UX & UI enhancements to advance key growth metrics.
- Analyzing user experience flows and participating in user research to reveal pain points and find areas for improvement.
- Writing research plans with evidence and hypotheses and designing measurable experiments to test possible solutions.
- Building A/B & Multivariate experiments in the InfluxDB Cloud application that are powered by Google Optimize.
- Measuring the impact of experiments and presenting the results to stakeholders in a way that proves the ROI on user experience enhancements.
What You’ll Bring To The Table:
- Be pursuing a master's-level degree relevant to the field of design, computer science, or social science research
- A strong visual aesthetic—you have an eye for what beautiful UI looks like
- Product design knowledge and experience demonstrated in a design portfolio
- Knowledge of user testing methods and tools and ethical research principles
- A passion for rapid testing and data-driven decision making
- Familiarity with trends in the SaaS industry
- Experience with Typescript, React, & SASS
- Experience with using UI libraries
- Google Optimize, Google Tag Manager, and Google Analytics experience
- Desire to build skills in design, engineering, and research
It’s not expected that you’ll have deep expertise in every dimension above, but you should be interested in learning any of the areas that are less familiar.
*We are unable to sponsor visas at this time (new or transfers) in any location*
We are 100% a remote-first company, supporting remote work throughout the United States (AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA), Canada, the UK, Germany, and Italy. If you are in a state we don't yet support, we are happy to look into registering in the US state.
Interview Process All our interviews are done remotely. Often the first interview is by phone or video and all subsequent interviews via video on Zoom. In order to ensure each candidate we interview is able to participate, please let us know if you do not have the ability to use a phone and/or laptop.
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.