We’re looking for a design entrepreneur to drive business impact with user experience. The successful candidate will use their full-stack of design skills from product definition, user research, user experience and execution skills to drive adoption of a flagship cloud SaaS product line.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead and run feature definition cycles to uncover user needs, set business goals, design solution prototypes, and sketch out iterative release plans.
- Participate in defining and prioritizing product roadmap and be able to communicate strategic vision.
- Design user journeys and mockups for new features and redesign existing ones.
- Track performance of key user journeys quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Conduct user research to validate feature directions that meet user needs.
- Pair with engineers, designers, and product managers to develop prototypes or provide design feedback on production code.
- Work within a defined design system and design new components as needed.
- Ensure high-level of visual design and user experience quality on an assigned area of the product.
- Mentor junior designers and developers
What You’ll Bring To The Team:
- Extensive UX and product design skills applied to growing adoption of SaaS/PaaS products.
- Experience communicating at both strategic and tactical levels with a variety of stakeholders and business partners
- Knowledge of using composable, responsive design systems.
- Knowledge of how to instrument and leverage product analytics for user experience performance monitoring.
- Entrepreneurial mindset where you’ll do whatever the product team needs to drive growth.
Bonus Points If You:
- Practitioner of product-led growth.
- Have familiarity with highly technical products including developer tools and/or cloud computing.
- Exposure to agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc).
- Want to further develop front-end development skills including (but not limited to) React with hooks, Typescript, Storybook, SCSS, and methodologies like BEM.
- Have a strong sense of good aesthetics and visual design trends.
- Enjoy board games.
*We are unable to sponsor visas at this time (new or transfers) in any location*
We are 100% a remote-first company, supporting remote work throughout the United States (AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA), Canada, the UK, Germany, and Italy. If you are in a state we don't yet support, we are happy to look into registering in the US state.
All our interviews are done remotely. Often the first interview is by phone or video and all subsequent interviews via video on Zoom. In order to ensure each candidate we interview is able to participate, please let us know if you do not have the ability to use a phone and/or laptop.
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- ....and more perks!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.