InfluxDB is one of the most popular and fastest growing open source databases, and is the premier Time Series database available today. InfluxDB is deployed on hundreds of thousands of machines, and is used by teams worldwide to monitor infrastructure, IoT, and a myriad of applications. The majority of our users are developers and system integrators working with our open source software. We also offer enterprise and cloud SaaS products, all exposing a single unified API that reduces the infrastructure and time needed to become productive with InfluxDB.
In order to help us improve and expand on our core products, we're looking for a Software Engineer. You will join the InfluxDB Edge team and take an active role in the ongoing development and maintenance of the InfluxDB 1.x and 2.x Open Source. You will share your experience and skills with the team and learn from them in return, and will work closely with other teams as needed to complete tasks. Likewise, you will work to keep pace with our OSS community and help find ways to let our OSS developers see results from their contributions.
We’re a globally distributed, friendly, and cooperative team who thrive on interaction and collaboration. We meet once a day as a team for a quick catch up (a sort of verbal scrum), as well as have regular pairing sessions over video conferences throughout the week. We also meet with the entire company every day to learn about what’s going on across the business and share news about upcoming events and activities.
What you’ll be doing
- Working directly as part of a small team of engineers and sometimes in cooperation with other engineering teams in the company.
- Develop and maintain the Open Source versions of InfluxDB and related tooling.
- Liaise with colleagues in engineering, product managers, and the InfluxDB community to implement new features and fix bugs.
- Uphold engineering best practices applied across projects and teams.
- Work with mid and senior level engineers to expand your skill set
What you bring to the table
- Demonstrated junior to mid level coding skills. (e.g., 1 - 3 years experience, completed internship(s) and/or open source projects)
- Solid understanding of basic data structures and algorithms.
- Comfortable working in Mac or Linux environments.
- Self motivation and a drive to get stuff done.
- Willingness and enthusiasm for learning and working in Go (and possibly Rust in the near future)
- Basic Git (and GitHub) skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science or other technical field (engineering, math, physics).
- Database related course or internship work.
- Experience with Go and/or Rust languages.
We currently support employees in the following US States: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA. If you are in a state we don't yet support, no worries as we can register there. Internationally, we support employees in the UK, Germany, Italy and Canada.
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.