InfluxData is growing, and we’re looking for a creative, passionate, and resourceful Director of Communications to join our team. This is a great opportunity to shape and drive corporate communications strategy and execution for a high-growth B2B tech startup. This person will be responsible for building broader awareness of InfluxData, our brand and products through engagements with press (PR), industry analysts (AR) and social media. We have a big appetite to be a leader and are looking for that unique person who can help us achieve these goals through interesting points of view, capitalizing on evolving trends, and owning share of voice among time series technologies. We have a fun, high-paced environment and are driven to succeed.
- Own InfluxData’s PR, AR and social media functions
- Create plans, messaging and materials to support product launches, corporate news, partnership announcements, etc.
- Develop press releases, articles, pitches, Q&As, and other strategic assets
- Manage external agencies for PR/AR and Social
- Develop and execute strategic program for analyst relations, including managing Gartner relationship and briefing other firms
- Provide high-level counsel on strategic objectives and direction
- Monitor tech trends in the B2B software space, including IoT, DevOps and OSS
- 8+ years of experience in corporate communications or public relations, preferably with high-growth company; Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior PR agency experience (or equivalent) in promoting software products that have a strong developer/technical audience
- Proven abilities in executing complex communications programs with an emphasis on storytelling and integration across traditional and digital marketing channels
- In-depth understanding of today’s media environment and ability to see the big picture and connect the dots from the technical details to target audiences, including tech/business leaders, software developers and investors
- Flexible and collaborative; ability and willingness to ask questions, learn quickly and solve problems
- Skills to gather, synthesize and analyze technical information into compelling narratives that resonate with target audiences
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- Wellness programs
- ....and more perks!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.