As part of the marketing team, you will work in a collaborative team setting to conceive and develop creative copy in support of marketing campaigns, as well as brand and company communications.
You will develop and create written content for a wide range of media including video, digital, experiential, and social. In this position, you will communicate with leadership, department and external team members, and interview sources, as well as track and report on project requests and implementation status.
It's an exciting time to join the InfluxData family, and if you are looking for an opportunity to have a lasting impact on a growing team, we hope you'll take the time to learn more about this opportunity!
What you will be doing:
- Conduct research and organize facts to write/edit compelling copy including, but not limited to: blogs, case studies, nurture email series, newsletters, product launch, training and sales enablement materials, etc.
- Participate in planning and creation of marketing content in support of marketing programs and campaigns
- Copy edit and proof various types of content in various formats, as requested, by internal clients
- Conduct interviews with featured clients, industry influencers, and subject matter experts for blogs and case studies; work with project managers and internal subject matter experts at manager levels and higher to focus on the right objectives to support company goals
- Articulate the InfluxData story within the construct of the Technical Challenge, Feature, Advantage, Solution model to drive top-of-mind value for our software being the best choice to the developers we serve
- Help implement departmental procedures, styles, standards; assist in the collection of data to report the success of marketing content
- Submit work for review/approval, coordinate and implement edits, manage versioning, update status of work in progress and delivery dates, and coordinate task handoff
- Deliver copy for distribution readiness (including hyperlinks, UTMs, GA tagging, etc.)
- Collaborate with the Analytics team to track metrics for content pieces, analyze successes or failures, and look for opportunities to optimize content
- Actively participate in team and project meetings; contribute to team status reports on an ongoing basis
Why do you want this job? Because you are:
- An exceptional writer and editor with the ability to extract information from project plans and write in various styles for diverse audiences
- A conceptual thinker and an active listener who embraces challenges and new methods of thinking
- Highly creative with the ability to organize and arrange written material in a logical order, tell the appropriate story, and adhere to branding and style guidelines
- A self-starter with non-stop curiosity and motivated to improve yourself and our output
- Someone who is self-motivated with a positive attitude and ability to present work confidently at internal check-ins or client presentations.
- Able to manage and contribute to numerous projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, or a related field
Why do we want you? Because you have:
- 2+ years of experience in professional media, communications, marketing, and/or public relations
- 2+ years of working experience writing online marketing tactics, creating and editing against editorial style guidelines, company branding, and digital channels, such as blogs, websites, social media, and email
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; spelling and understanding of grammar, punctuation, acronyms; intuitive understanding of context as it relates to word choice and sentence construct, especially for language translation
- Experience in interviewing subject matter experts and collaborating with team members to craft intelligent, compelling content to support the marketing and sales of our global design software across multiple platforms
- A compelling portfolio that demonstrates great ideas across multiple mediums within a variety of campaigns and projects
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- Wellness programs
- ....and more perks!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.