We're looking for a Technical Marketing Writer to join the marketing team! This position at InfluxData will be responsible for creating and editing a variety of content, leveraging the thought leadership potential of our customer’s SMEs' (subject matter experts – mostly developers). You'll conduct detailed interviews by working with developers to support content creation in the form of blog posts, webinars, social posts, ebooks, video scripts, podcasts, instructional videos, sales combat kits, and checklists. You'll combine your natural journalistic technique with your interest and knowledge of developer tools to extract the content from SME's to write technical marketing content in a way that resonates with each of our customer's personas.
What you will be doing:
- Prepare written content for inbound marketing initiatives (blog posts, webinars, case studies, how-to videos, etc.)
- Develop and adhere to content strategies
- Participate in content planning and ideation meetings
- Maintain content calendar
- Plan, schedule, and conduct customer interviews with SME’s (subject matter experts) to gain knowledge and create written and video content
Why do we want you? Because you have
- Proven experience in document/content development, to include demonstrated writing, editing, formatting, and proofreading skills.
- Must have writing experience in the developer tools industry
- Bachelor's degree in English, communications, journalism, or appropriate technical discipline with an emphasis on technical communication
- SEO knowledge is a plus
- Inbound marketing experience is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Highly organized and efficient
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- Wellness programs
- ....and more perks!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.