We're looking for candidates who value continually mastering the craft of coding and building tools that benefit the open source development community. You'll need to be open to experimenting, which means that sometimes you might fail. (That's okay!) Along with that, you'll need the persistence to keep going and try again. You'll also be working closely with your team, so you'll need to be empathic, supportive, and excited to teach as well as learn.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate on the delivery of large initiatives, engaging with stakeholders and subject matter experts to drive a concept from whiteboard to production
- Contribute to our open-source, front-end libraries and projects
- Follow and uphold engineering best practices applied across projects and teams
- Pair with teammates to deliver well structured production code with automated tests
What you bring to the table
- 3+ years experience with a modern frontend JS framework (React, Angular, Vue)
- Comfortable navigating Unix/Linux systems via terminal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with any of Typescript, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience working with remote and distributed development teams
- Experience with data visualization
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.