Are you interested in Internet of Things (IOT), Real Time Streaming Analytics, DevOps, or building systems to solve very interesting real-world problems? InfluxData is looking for our next Solutions Engineer who not only has a love of technology but also has a passion for helping customers discover what is possible and designing solutions to solve problems.
In this role, you will partner with the Enterprise and Territory sales team members in addition to the Professional Services, Support, Product Management and Engineering teams to educate prospects and customers, contribute to future product requirements and ultimately increase revenue and growing our customer base.
We are open to remote candidates in the central and West-coast of the United states .
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with the InfluxData Sales team to drive revenue
- From a technical perspective, own the sales cycle, working with your partners on the sales team
- Maintain the technical relationship with your customers
- Be an advocate for prospects and customers with the InfluxData Engineering, Product and Support Teams
- Build strong relationships across teams
- Educate prospects and customers about InfluxData products and how they can be leveraged
- Understand the needs of prospects and customers, helping them design solutions addressing their requirements and exploring the “Art of the Possible”
- Develop a deep understanding of the InfluxData products and technologies and work closely with Engineering and Sales to resolve critical technical issues
- Write content for blogs, community, etc.
Your skills and experience:
- 4+ years experience as a Sales/Solutions Engineer in an Enterprise Software company
- Excellent presentations skills (verbal & written)
- A creative mindset to help customers realize what is possible and the ability to be able to explain complex technical problems in a simple way
- Proven ability to build relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Coding chops. Whether your language of choice is Go Lang, Java, Python, Ruby or even shell, it’s important for members of the field team to be capable of cracking open an editor and digging in to better help our customers
- Linux Beyond the Fundamentals. The more knowledge you have of Linux the better. Hands on with multiple distributions is a plus
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time
- Proven experience remaining flexible and adaptable in a constantly changing environment
A plus if you have:
- A background with any sort of database system whether its relational, key-value store, or a document store. Basic SQL wouldn’t hurt either.
- Knowledge or experience with Containers and/or orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, Apache Mesos or DC/OS
- Open Source Software and Git.
- Data. InfluxData is about time-series data
- Architectures- having an understanding or background of distributed or clustered systems will definitely help
- Experience with Cloud Providers such as AWS, GCE, or Microsoft Azure
*We are unable to sponsor visas at this time (new or transfers) in any location*
We currently support employees in these US States (AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA.) If you are in a state we don't yet support, we are happy to look into registering in the US state. Internationally, we support employees in the UK, Germany, Italy and Canada.
Interview Information: All our interviews are done remotely. Often the first interview is by phone or video and all subsequent interviews via video on Zoom. In order to ensure each candidate we interview is able to participate, please let us know if you do not have the ability to use a phone and/or laptop.
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- ....and more perks!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.