We’re looking for a Director of Product Management, IoT who will take this leadership role and shape our products for the IoT market! This person will have full ownership in driving the market analysis and requirements gathering process for our product whilst leveraging your experiences from our existing customers and OEM partners as well looking to expand the target addressable market beyond its current reach. You’ll work closely with our business development and sales teams as they engage with potential OEM partners and prospects, and define product offerings.
This role will own the requirements associated with all aspects of our product offerings facing up to the IoT market across data acquisition, data analytics, edge processing and data storage and use cases driving connections directly to InfluxDB Cloud or between the OT edge and Cloud. We are particularly focused on the Industrial IoT segment and are looking for expertise in this area.
What You’d Be Doing:
Requirements gathering and analysis
- Research, interview, and gather information on InfluxDB’s use within the IoT ecosystem at large and develop a taxonomy for understanding the market segments we currently are being successful in and those where we are not
- Work with OEM partners and prospects on specific requirements and investments which will make InfluxData’s product offering more valuable and useful for them
- Work with our customer facing teams across sales, pre-sales, and support to understand product market fit and challenges faced by existing users. Use this information to drive product investment decisions. partners and prospects on specific requirements and investments which will make InfluxData’s product offering more valuable and useful for them
Product roadmap planning and execution
- Working with the Design team, other Product Managers, and Engineering Managers on product requirements planning, prioritization, and ultimately execution
- Define epics which capture the requirements, underlying stories, and acceptance criteria which are clear, concise, and understandable by our engineering team. Validate features as they are developed by engineering ensuring that they meet the defined acceptance criteria
- Create an IoT specific roadmap view which communicates how the platform can be leveraged to meet their requirements. This will include requirements being delivered and implemented which are general purpose to time series data and also supportive of specific IoT use cases
- Communicate! Deliver technical enablement sessions for our pre-sales, customer success team, and support to understand new features and capabilities. Provide occasional executive team updates regarding penetration into the IoT market along with an assessment of what’s working and what’s not along with proposed solutions to current challenges
Support go-to-market activities
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders from Product, Growth, Sales, Business Development, and Marketing to support all of our outbound efforts related to IoT customers, projects, and partners to ensure that InfluxData is recognized as “the” go to platform for building modern IoT solutions
- Define, recommend and iterate the set of GTM inputs required to help achieve growth objectives, ranging from usage growth to revenue generation
- Lead long term ownership of our IoT product offerings and approach to the market
- Drive prioritization of activities and engineering investment decisions that are supported
- Engage with the InfluxDB community to provide a clear voice for IoT related questions about the product including proposing solution architectures, techniques, and addressing challenges such as connectivity, movement of data, security and more which are unique to the IoT landscape
What You Bring to the Role:
- Relevant experience in a senior role, such as in consulting, product management, pre-sales, technical product marketing -- or some combination of all of these!
- Strategic and analytical thinking, with comfort moving fluidly between tactical recommendations and workarounds, solution architectures which may include non-InfluxData tech, through to making strategic bets based on data
- Ability to distill themes from complexity; develop logical frameworks for prioritization.
- Excellent collaborative and relationship building skills, with strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work well cross-functionally and in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented approach to working, lean into data and quantitative analysis wherever possible
- Intellectually curious; motivated to dive deep into new projects and related data
- Well-versed in devices, device management and related security concerns. Experience within the data historian product domain and/or direct experience within industrial IoT environments strongly preferred
What You’ll Bring To The Team:
- 7+ years of experience across one or more of the following disciplines with a focus on Industrial IoT: product management, product marketing, consulting, pre-sales engineering
- 1-2 years experience at Director level (or equivalent based on company size)
- Have a point of view on the legacy industrial historian market and the impact of open standards and protocols are having on the future requirements for historians.
- Passion for creating practical solutions to complex user problems and ability to make a customer feel at ease
Bonus Points If You:
- Have worked directly with one or more industrial historian products
- Can articulate the differences between the broader IoT market and the industrial IoT market including various security related challenges
- Speak OPC/UA, Modbus, or MQTT in your sleep
- Have case studies documenting the outcome of your work
- Working knowledge of Git (and GitHub)
- Enjoy board games (nice to have)
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- ....and more perks!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.