InfluxData is a fast-growing Series D startup that offers InfluxDB, a time series database recognized industry-wide as the clear leader of the fastest growing database category. InfluxDB is running on hundreds of thousands of machines, used by teams worldwide to monitor and understand their systems and devices. The majority of our users are developers and builders using our open source software, but we also offer enterprise and cloud SaaS products, all exposing a single unified API.
The eCommerce Team is a growing team of seasoned Elixir developers, owning and operating our backend service which is used to guide users through their entire account lifecycle, from initial onboarding and paid conversion, billing and account deactivation and cancellation. As a Senior Engineer in the team, you will lead large initiatives, engaging with stakeholders and subject matter experts to drive new product capabilities from whiteboard to production. You will also apply your experience and domain knowledge and help us design solutions that scale. In addition, you will help us improve our development practices, pair with teammates during development and respond to support requests.
What you’ll be doing
- Participate in our daily pairing sessions and help the team add new features and capabilities to our backend service
- Building tools to empower InfluxDB Cloud operators and support staff to solve real-time customer issues without engineering involvement
- Help re-architect subsystems for scalability and redundancy
- Help maintain open source projects through contributions and code reviews
- Participate in the design and development of a new Business Intelligence data pipeline
- Integrate with third-party tools to improve observability of our systems
- Help the team maintain legacy systems as we improve and mature our Cloud SaaS product
- Participate in hiring activities and help mentor fellow teammates with pairing and code reviews
- Multiple years of professional engineering experience building and shipping multi-tenant cloud software
- Experience designing, extending and maintaining well-tested production code in Elixir or other functional programming languages
- Experience with test-driven development around applications or subsystems that interact with relational databases
- Experience working on teams with both internal and external stakeholders, and supporting enterprise businesses with strict SLAs
- Working knowledge of Git (and GitHub)
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Lives in a timezone that has 4 to 5 hours of overlap with Pacific Time (PST/PDT)
- You embody our core values
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Auth and user management systems
- Experience with Payments and subscription-based systems
- Exposure to agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc).
- Experience with React and Typescript
*We are unable to sponsor visas at this time (new or transfers) in any location*
We currently support employees in these US States (AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA.) If you are in a state we don't yet support, we are happy to look into registering in the US state. Internationally, we support employees in the UK, Germany, Italy and Canada.
Interview Information: All our interviews are done remotely. Often the first interview is by phone or video and all subsequent interviews via video on Zoom. In order to ensure each candidate we interview is able to participate, please let us know if you do not have the ability to use a phone and/or laptop.
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- ....and more perks!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.