Our sales team is growing at InfluxData and we’re looking for our next Cloud Sales Manager! If sales is in your blood and you have a track record of closing business, read on.
You'll be responsible for closing transactions as well as generating pipeline with small & mid-sized businesses, focused on selling InfluxDB Cloud. You are a hunter. You enjoy creating new relationships and nurturing old ones. You’re all about working hard, supporting one another, ideating nonstop, and are excited to have a lot of fun while doing it. At InfluxData, no loss takes us down, and no win goes uncelebrated.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building a sustainable pipeline and managing the entire sales lifecycle
- Understanding the competitive landscape, & positioning InfluxData to win
- Building strong relationships and establishing trust, both internally and with prospects/customers
- Building the pipeline through various methods, including cold calling, research, etc.
- Forecasting and managing your sales activity and pipeline to meet revenue targets and company goals
- Meeting or exceeding monthly targets and quarterly quota
What we’re looking for:
- +2 years (SDR/BDR) selling data solutions, SaaS, or PaaS with another +1 years in closing (AE)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, able to talk to all levels at an organization
- Demonstrable history of meeting or exceeding quota
- Strong prospecting, qualifying, closing and managing skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience with traditional sales tools, such as SFDC
It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience selling open source and/or SaaS
- Experience in NoSQL data technologies or other modern data platforms
- Experience selling enterprise management solutions (Systems Management, Cloud Management, log analytics, APM, Network Monitoring)
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- ....and more perks!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.