InfluxDB Cloud is the world’s leading time series database offered as a multi-cloud service, deployed and managed by InfluxData, and running in all three clouds (AWS, GCP and Azure). The Application team at InfluxData builds the UI that is the face of the InfluxDB Cloud. Today, within the Application team, we have two scrum teams, one focused on the end user functions - exploring, graphing, transforming and analyzing time series data - and another focused on the operational aspects - account management, user and organization provisioning and management, usage and billing, and metrics. As we continue to grow, we are adding a third scrum team to our Application team, and are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the third team, and work closely with the leaders of the two existing teams to deliver a user experience that delights our users.
Engineering Management at InfluxData is a multi-faceted and highly valued role. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for people management for your team, mentoring your team members, and hiring additional team members. You will manage the agile process for your team, and communicate about deliverables and schedules, in addition to providing high-level technical guidance for your team. You won’t need to be the architect for your team but you will need to be able to participate in the conversations to help them to make the right technical trade-offs.
It’s an exciting time for you to join InfluxData as we expand our UI team. We are looking for an Engineering Manager who can guide their team while also helping us figure out how to evolve our organization. We are looking for new perspectives, as each new hire brings a new set of experiences for us to learn from. We are open to your ideas on what you have seen work well. We want to have scrum teams that work well together, but also let each scrum team develop their own style so that the team members enjoy what they do and feel a personal connection to the products they deliver. We are looking for a candidate who values supporting and growing their team as much as their own personal achievements, who will bring their experiences to the table, and is willing to experiment and iterate as the company grows. If this sounds like a role for you, we’d love to talk to you.
We currently support employees in the following US States: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA. If you are in a state we don't yet support, no worries as we can register there. Internationally, we support employees in the UK, Germany, Italy and Canada.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- You have experience managing remote teams, and enjoy working remotely.
- You have managed a growing engineering team and have experience in the recruitment lifecycle, actively shepherding engineering candidates through the interview process
- You know what traits make up great engineers and understand how to help people gain those skills
- You have managed a team using an established agile process
- You have past development experience with UI technologies such as React, Typescript
Bonus points if:
- You have built and supported cloud-based products
- You have experience working on open source projects
- You have worked for a startup
- You have work experience outside of engineering - support, design, sales, marketing, etc
- You have past development experience with Go or Elixir
- You have working knowledge of Git (and GitHub)
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.