InfluxData is looking for a seasoned, practical Associate Corporate Counsel (AGC), with 10 or more years of experience to join our team. This self-motivated individual will be comfortable working in an exciting and fast pace environment and will be responsible for managing a wide range of legal matters of the company. This position is based in our San Francisco Bay Area and reports to the CFO directly.
- Provide legal support on a wide range of agreements, including software licensing agreements, SaaS licensing agreements, channel partner and OEM agreements, vendor contracts, consulting, and professional service agreements, among others.
- Partner with Sales, Sales Operations, Finance and Accounting teams to streamline the contract management processes and conduct trainings for internal Sales team members on procedures and other contract or legal topics as necessary.
- Provide ongoing legal counseling in various areas including corporate law, employment law, intellectual property, international licensing agreements, privacy law, etc.
- Assist the CFO with various projects as needed.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience; a combination of national law firm and in-house experiences a plus.
- At least 3 years direct experience providing legal services to Software/SaaS companies.
- JD from an accredited law school and Member of the California State Bar in good standing.
- Significant experience negotiating, drafting, and reviewing a broad range of commercial contracts.
- Familiarity with open source licensing and business models.
- Trusted advisor and valued partner to the management team. Impeccable integrity throughout all day to day tasks.
- Excellent teaming and collaboration skills and ability to work cross functionally.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and negotiation skills with extraordinary attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, juggle multiple projects with contending priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
All our interviews are done remotely. Often the first interview is by phone or video and all subsequent interviews via video on Zoom. In order to ensure each candidate we interview is able to participate, please let us know if you do not have the ability to use a phone and/or laptop.
InfluxData provides a modern time series platform that has been designed from the ground up to handle metrics and events (time-series data). The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We're backed by Mayfield Fund, Sapphire Ventures, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures.
We offer fantastic benefits including:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and Commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.