Dishwasher / Cleaner part-time, Hamilton
As our Dishwasher/Cleaner part-time (2 days a week), you are responsible for operating our washing area where growing equipment is cleaned. You will work in one of our Infarm Growing Center in Hamilton, where we produce plants at scale using our vertical farming techniques. You are well organized and reliable, able to understand and follow clear processes and instructions, and like being hands-on with your day-to-day work.
- Manually wash & disinfect trays/boxes from our farms to high levels of hygiene.
- Check whether cleaning processes have been effective throughout the day.
- Carry out general cleaning of floors and surfaces in designated areas at the end of daily production.
- Return cleaned items to the correct locations once dry and ready for reuse.
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety and Food Safety guidelines, particularly around the use of cleaning products.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned, which are reasonably within the scope of the activities listed above.
- Experience and willingness to work in a fast-paced production environment with repetitive tasks, heavy loads, standing and bending for extended periods of time
- High school diploma or equivalent GED required
- Strong attention to detail and a good eye for cleanliness and hygiene
- Confident and comfortable working alone as well as part of a team
- Comfortable working in a repetitive in nature environment following SOPs (standard operating procedures)
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to handle prolonged periods walking or standing.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place up to 60 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to work 2 days a week on 10-hour shifts, during days, nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and wipe frequently.
- Must frequently immerse hands in water.
- Must be able to work in a hot and damp environment.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Fresh herbs to take home
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
Who We are
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system using IoT technology that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. In Berlin, we have already built the biggest urban farming network in the world, which produces an equivalent of food grown on 350.000 sqm. farmland, with 95% less water, 99% space, and 90% fewer transportation requirements.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.