Field Grower (m/f/d)
As a Field Grower, you will be responsible for looking after our plants (harvesting, planting, packaging and cleaning) throughout our network of Instore farms in supermarkets and restaurants. You use your excellent customer service skills to inform and excite customers about our products, have a passion for plants and top-quality food and are an ambassador for Infarm and our mission. In addition, having high attention to detail and being well organised are among your strongest skills.
In this position you will work full-time (40 hours / week) from Monday to Friday. With our own Infarm cars you will hit the road and travel through Berlin.
- Harvest, plant and pack the Infarm plants, ensuring that our customers receive high quality products with as little food waste as possible
- Keep our farms sparkling clean and presentable, as they are the face of Infarm for our customers in the grocery and restaurant industry
- Interact with customers when they show interest in our products
- Protect the health of our crops by applying basic crop protection practices
- Report customer feedback and compensation needs in line with Infarm policies
- Maintain current marketing materials on farms in customer locations
- Carry out basic maintenance on farms when required
- Follow Infarm workflow standards closely and stick to daily schedule and routines
- Ensure your own and others' safety by complying with Health and Safety regulations and guidelines.
- Valid driving licence and work visa
- You are able to work independently and ideally have retail or customer service experience
- You are hands-on and hardworking and feel responsible for up to 15 farm locations
- As a team player, you are flexible, reliable and happy to support your colleagues with various tasks, even if one of your colleagues is absent
- German (at least A2-B1 level) and English skills
- "Red card" or equivalent certificate, or willingness to complete the course
- A passion for plants, sustainability or nutrition
- Strong attention to detail and a good eye and care for cleanliness.
What we offer
- Stay up-to-date: Regular global & regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Meet your colleagues: Join our employee resource groups or (virtual) company activities
- Take some time off: 30 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Be well: 24/7 professional counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Travel to Work: Free monthly BVG ticket and subsidized Swapfiets Bike Program
- Enjoy your meal: Choose between subsidized meal vouchers or a free onsite lunch, and additional snacks & drinks
- Save Up: Subscribe to your corporate pension scheme and look out for corporate discounts with more than 800 brands.
Who We Are
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.