Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who You Are
As our Food Production Site Manager you are fully responsible for all operations within one of our next generation production facilities. You will manage the whole team operating one of our Infarm Growing Centres, where we produce plants at scale using our vertical farming techniques. You have experience of managing a team of 20+ employees within an industrial manufacturing or food production environment. You are well organized and reliable, able to create and communicate clear processes and instructions, and like having an element of hands on input within your day to day work.
- Plan and supervise the activities of the hub production team - across plant production, maintenance, quality control and warehouse operations.
- Follow defined workflows and production schedules to ensure daily volume requirements are met to our high standards of quality.
- Be the onsite champion of the ‘Infarm growing system’ - our manufacturing framework covering our key principles and performance measures.
- Own the on site implementation of world class manufacturing practices in Health and Safety and Food Hygiene.
- Take responsibility and ownership for the management of all budgets and costs related to hub operations.
- Ensure data is gathered reliably and consistently to generate accurate KPI’s for site performance. Be accountable for delivering these against global targets, and able and equipped to explain performance.
- Manage team performance and compliance to procedures, carrying out performance discussions and disciplinary meetings as required.
- Work closely with the Associate Production Site Manager and Lead Nursery and Production Growers to manage workforce planning process across the team, taking daily volume variation, holidays and absences into account and sourcing temporary labour as required to cover any issues through established agency contacts.
- Ensure team is reporting all maintenance (hardware and software) and plant quality issues correctly in central ticketing system and that they are working collaboratively to resolve these with headquarters teams.
- Lead performance reporting for your site within regional performance management forums.
- Hold overall responsibility for ensuring that all shipments leave on time in full to our customers.
- Proactively propose process improvements where they can improve performance metrics, and implement in collaboration with HQ teams.
- Lead a world class production team ensuring the delivery of high standard produce to our clients with minimal food waste.
- Valid working visa and driver’s license
- Fluent and able to communicate effectively in English
- Strong attention to detail and a good eye for cleanliness and hygiene
- Moderate analysis ability in Google docs/Microsoft Office to be able to explain performance measures and trends
- Able to communicate concisely and effectively with both senior management and shop floor teams
- Comfortable working with computer based and app based reporting systems
- Confident and comfortable working alone as well as part of a team
- Proven prior experience in leading a manufacturing team of 20+ in a production environment
- Experience in the food manufacturing industry is a plus
What we offer
- Take opportunities: Join Infarm as we expand across the globe and change the future of farming
- Drive Impact: Be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- Accelerate Growth: A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
What’s also in for you
- Stay up-to-date: Regular Global & Regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Meet your colleagues: Join our employee resource groups or (virtual) company activities
- Take some time off: 30 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Be well: 24/7 Professional Counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Travel to Work: Subsidized Public Transport Reimbursement and Subsidized Swapfiets Bike Program
- Enjoy your meal: Subsidized meal vouchers, snacks & drinks
- Save Up: Subscribe to your corporate pension scheme and look out for corporate discounts with more than 800 brands.
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.