Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system using IoT technology that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. In Berlin, we have already built the biggest urban farming network in the world, which produces an equivalent of food grown on 350.000 sqm. farmland, with 95% less water, 99% space, and 90% fewer transportation requirements.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
As our Quality and Food Safety you are the champion of product quality, food safety and hygiene within one of our Infarm Growing Centres where we produce plants at scale using our vertical farming techniques, as well as our in store operations local to this site. You have experience of either working in a quality role within an industrial manufacturing or food production environment, or of working with Infarm’s plant production procedures. You are well organized and reliable, able to understand and follow clear processes and instructions, and like being hands on with your day to day work.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Perform GlobalGAP internal audits and GMP site inspections, and implement all corrective/preventive actions as required. Submit all relevant info to the QA/FS Specialist.
- Implement and maintain quality management system and conduct product quality checks based on guidelines
- Implement and maintain GlobalGAP standards and procedures
- Lead third-party and regulatory inspections
- Conduct site FS risk assessments, and communicate to the QA/FS Specialist of any potential issues related to Q/FS (recalls, food defense, etc.)
- Monitor and validate the maintenance of QA/FS-related records
- Managing consumer and customer complaints
- Deliver quick fix-on time solutions to the deficiencies about quality and food safety/hygiene
- Prepare a site food safety and hygiene performance report monthly
- Carry out inspections on plant health during growing cycle, working with plant experts to report any anomalies for investigation
- Conduct product and environmental sampling and monitoring.
- Assist site staff with daily concerns about food safety, quality and hygiene
- Provide coaching/training on QA/FS to FaaS employees when required
- 2+ years of experience in quality assurance/food safety and/or degree in agricultural, food science, food technology or related field preferred
- Knowledge of quality and food safety management systems, including audits, HACCP, GMPs, traceability and regulatory
- Experience with Google Suite and presentation skills at intermediate level
- Flexibility to travel to secondary nearby facilities when required
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record and ability to drive on behalf of the company in own, rented or company car
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Applicants must be able to commute to Everett, WA
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.