Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system using IoT technology that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. In Berlin, we have already built the biggest urban farming network in the world, which produces an equivalent of food grown on 350.000 sqm. farmland, with 95% less water, 99% space, and 90% fewer transportation requirements.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people. As the Controller, you contribute to that mission by being accountable for the accounting operations of the company for all US and Canadian entities. In this role, you will be responsible for the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, along with a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards. You are a leader, have a strong understanding of financial statement preparation and analysis, and an ability to understand a myriad of accounting operations and job functions.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Maintain accounting records/Chart of Accounts, including inventory, fixed assets, general ledger, payroll and taxes
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner and accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Issue timely and complete financial statements on a monthly and annual basis ensuring that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles
- Prepare cash flow statement and ensure proper funding by parent company
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Maintain and enforce a documented system of accounting policies, procedures, and controls
- Maintain and enhances adequate accounting systems
- Oversee one accountant, develop talent, and hire additional staff in line with the growth of the company
- 3+ years of experience in a Controller role along with a Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; MBA is preferred
- Experience with accounting for inventory required
- CPA or Chartered Global Management Accountant designation (CGMA)preferred
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to problem-solve and prioritize tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, including collaboration and communication
- Advanced knowledge of accounting software
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.