Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
The Packaging Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of Infarm’s packaging development as it expands into several new formats and product categories. They will own all aspects of the timelines and initial supplier relationships on new projects, and continuously improve our existing portfolio. As part of the Global Program management team, they will work closely with multiple functions like operations, product team and the SCM team.
As one of Infarm's Packaging Managers you will:
- Support the introduction of new packaging and amendments to existing packaging materials and components in accordance with business briefs and project timelines.
- Define, develop and support from concept brief to commercialisation on department and business projects within agreed timescales and costs.
- Provide guidance, advice and support to the relevant teams on packaging structures, materials, print and specification throughout the design process.
- Ensure everybody is in the loop on progress, deadlines and needs throughout a project.
- Generate supplier briefs for business packaging requirements and facilitate relevant supplier meetings.
- Visit incumbent suppliers and new supply options to drive completion of projects, objectives and trials.
- Help to implement quality standards with suppliers competently to provide resolutions going forward.
- Manage technical drawings, tooling requirements and print specifications. Ensure packaging specifications are accurate and validated.
- Conduct factory trials, reporting and liaising directly with stakeholders to support optimisation targets and project delivery, ensuring packaging is fit for purpose for the intended distribution channel.
- Support artwork/repro processes, following approval processes and associated system adjustments.
- Identify cost saving opportunities for the business and undertake cost-engineering exercises alongside the Packaging Engineer and Packaging Buyer.
- Attend relevant packaging trade shows to research and investigate sector capability, trends and innovation.
- Ideally 3-5 years packaging development experience involving project management from concept generation through to commercialisation, design innovation and launch.
- Good knowledge within Food, Food Retail or FMCG sectors.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant food and or packaging related subject.
- Very good knowledge desirable across rigid and flexible plastics, paper, carton board and corrugated categories.
- A demonstrable history of the ability to research materials, source, cost-engineer and select supply partners.
- Knowledge and experience of working with machinery and processes: printing - flexo/litho/digital, thermo-forming, extruding and carton-folding.
- Provide technical packaging expertise to support the factory and business projects.
- Excellent change management skills supported by strong communication skills.
- Good reporting discipline with attention to detail.
- Highly motivated with good planning and organisational skills.
- Can do/problem-solving, positive and proactive attitude.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working across Google suite (sheet/slide/doc/drive).
What we offer
- Take opportunities: Join Infarm as we expand across the globe and change the future of farming
- Drive Impact: Be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- Accelerate Growth: A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
What's also in for you
- Stay up-to-date: Regular global & regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Meet your colleagues: Join our employee resource groups or (virtual) company activities
- Take some time off: 30 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Be well: 24/7 professional counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Travel to Work: Free monthly BVG ticket and subsidized Swapfiets Bike Program
- Enjoy your meal: Choose between subsidized meal vouchers or a free onsite lunch, and additional snacks & drinks
- Save Up: Subscribe to your corporate pension scheme and look out for corporate discounts with more than 800 brands
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.