Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who You Are
As Associate Production Site Manager you are a key leader in our Infarm Growing Centre in Hannover, where we produce plants at scale using our vertical farming techniques. You have experience of managing a small team within an industrial manufacturing or food production environment. You are well organized and reliable, able to understand and follow clear processes and instructions, and like being hands on with your day to day work.
- Plan and supervise the activities of our growing team, managing seeding, transplanting harvesting and packaging processes
- Deputize for Production Site Manager in the event of holidays and sickness
- Follow defined workflows and production schedules to ensure daily volume requirements are met to our high standards of quality
- Gather data around harvest performance, wastage, and other KPI’s, process these and input into our data collection systems
- Manage team performance and compliance to procedures, carrying out performance discussions and disciplinary meetings as required
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety guidelines
- Manage workforce planning process for growers team, taking daily work variation, holidays and absences into account and sourcing temporary labour as required to cover any issues through established agency contacts.
- Work closely with the warehouse coordinator to ensure that all shipments leave on time in full to our customers
- Lead a world class production team ensuring the delivery of high standard produce to our clients with minimal food waste
- Valid working visa and driver’s license
- Fluent and able to communicate effectively in English
- Strong attention to detail and a good eye for cleanliness and hygiene
- Confident and comfortable working alone as well as part of a team
- Proven prior experience in leading a manufacturing team in a production line environment
- Prior experience working with plants or in the horticultural sector is an advantage
- Experience in the food manufacturing industry is a plus
What We Offer
- Take opportunities: Join Infarm as we expand across the globe and change the future of farming
- Drive Impact: Be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- Accelerate Growth: A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
What’s also in for you
- Stay up-to-date: Regular Global & Regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Meet your colleagues: Join our various ERGs about D&I, sports, or virtual social activities
- Take some time off: 30 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Be well: 24/7 Professional Counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Travel to Work: Subsidized Public Transport Reimbursement and Subsidized Swapfiets Bike Program
- Enjoy your meal: Subsidized meal vouchers, snacks & drinks
- Save Up: Subscribe to your corporate pension scheme and look out for corporate discounts with more than 800 brands
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.