Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who You Are
As a Maintenance Lead, you will be responsible for the maintenance of Infarm’s newest farming systems at our plant hub. You will supervise and coordinate maintenance operations in our brand new facilities and in store locations. You'll follow clearly defined processes and quality standards to ensure smooth operations and that hardware and software is working correctly. Furthermore, you will supervise the chemicals and fertilizer supply for operations.
As we are introducing new farming systems and technology to our new Infarm Growing Centers, we are on the outlook for a Lead Maintenance Technician who is energized by challenges and has practical maintenance experience as well as managerial experience preferably within a hydroponic, agricultural or food manufacturing context.
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Manage, motivate, develop and provide direct leadership to maintenance staff;
- Supervise repairs/services carried out by Contractors;
- Evaluate incoming work notifications and, when warranted, generate and prioritize a work order to cover the work;
- Assist with the implementation of capital projects;
- Ensure that all maintenance work is captured on work orders and entered into the maintenance software;
- Ensure that all scheduled work orders are completed in the allocated time;
- Review completed work orders for correctness and completeness;
- Perform periodic inspections of recently maintained equipment so as to observe the quality of the maintenance performed and the operating condition of the equipment;
- Liaise with Engineering and Operations on matters relating to equipment maintenance, LCAs, reliability and availability;
- Participate in various production meetings, KPI review meetings, and pre- and post-maintenance schedule review meeting and provide weekly maintenance reports
- Assist with the identification of root causes following equipment failures and support the development of new maintenance tasks to eliminate them in the future;
- Ensure compliance with local ministry of labour, Global GAP, FDA, and CFIA requirements as it relates to food safety and Health & Safety to ensure that corrective action requests are dealt with in an effective and timely manner;
- Ensure compliance with all applicable provincial and federal labour regulations.
- Demonstrate an active involvement/commitment to a progressive health and safety program and food safety program;
- Make sure that the sanitation of our equipment is carried out according to protocol.
- Manage the chemical budget and maintain inventory control of all chemicals related materials including equipment, tools and PPE. Ensure site inventory levels are maintained, on budget and stored appropriately.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Minimum 3 years of maintenance supervisory experience in an industrial environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Moderate to advanced mechanical, electrical and control system aptitude with proven skills through formal and informal training, as well as experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, maintain records, and to work
- Excellent organizational, leadership and communication abilities
- Experience in work order systems, planning and scheduling (CMMS);
- Experience in developing, incorporating and optimizing predictive, preventive and proactive maintenance programs.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of Quality, Safety, Health & Environmental practices, standards and regulations
- Experience working with contractual service agreements, LSA or/and LTSA.
- Willing and flexible to work shifts as and when required;
- Valid driver’s license
- Physically fit and able to lift, push, and/or pull, weight of up to 27kg (60 lbs.)
- Enrollment or completion of a Maintenance & Reliability Certificate Program (CMRP/SMRP) would be an asset
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually plus holidays
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm.
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.