Infarm is the world's fastest growing vertical farming network, founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. Passionate to eat better, they were growing their own food, enjoying all the flavor and nutrients, without the chemical pesticides and transport kilometers.
With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global cloud-connected farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. Infarm provides premium local fresh produce at affordable prices. For everyone. Everywhere.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people, providing high quality local produce at affordable prices. For everybody. Everywhere. The End Product Development & Commercialization team contributes to that mission by conceptualizing, creating, developing and launching new products to the market. The product development team oversees and encompasses the journey of a product from ideation to customer delivery in a cross-functional environment, ensuring market success. We are looking for an industry leader that can manage our existing product portfolio, optimize it and take it to the next level.
As Infarm's Product Manager, Consumer Product Portfolio, you will lead all our product renovation and optimization initiatives of our existing portfolio and become our packaging rockstar. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Create, optimize and manage our global specification center and catalogue in alignment with Operations, Brand, Quality and Sales.
- Drive product optimization initiatives for cost, quality, sustainability improvements and customer requirements taking a holistic end-to-end approach, fostering interdependencies among departments and establishing efficient workflows.
- Own package approval process including vendor selection, prototype iterations, graphics, regulatory, product/package claims (sustainability, recyclability, nutrition facts, labeling, etc.) and coordination with internal & external stakeholders.
- Develop long term partnerships with packaging companies and enhance our package innovation capabilities.
- Lead and coordinate product renovation and relaunch initiatives in selected markets, including business case development, planning, stakeholder alignment and execution.
- Evaluate product performance, establish KPIs and actively identify opportunities to improve. Understand and apply product lifecycle management principles.
- Support Brand & Retail Activation teams to enhance our value proposition and customer experience from a product standpoint at the point of sale.
- Support our go to shelf strategy based on the voice of the customer translation and in alignment with other stakeholders from a product perspective (POS, on-shelf presentation, communication, etc.).
- Collaborate and advise NPD category managers to define packaging and product launch requirements.
- Support local regions and country managers with setting up their end-product management processes and align ways of working with a clear vision and roadmap.
- 5 years of relevant experience in product development roles in FMCG, preferably in the food industry.
- Hands on project management experience. You are an expert in bringing simplicity in complexity.
- Mixed technical & business background. You are able to understand technical processes, identify product improvement opportunities and quantify business value.
- Through understanding of the retail channel and customer requirements. You are able to translate the voice of the customer into comprehensive product plans.
- Deep understanding of packaging/product landscape, including regulation, GTIN management and legal requirements. Experience interacting and scouting global consultants.
- Proven people skills. You have worked in multidisciplinary international matrix environments.
- You are comfortable working in uncertainty and able to embrace agility, flexibility and adaptability in the work environment.
- You have worked in a high growth & fast paced environment, being able to balance strategic thinking with hands-on pragmatism and business sense.
- Fluent in English.
What we offer
- Take opportunities: Join Infarm as we expand across the globe and change the future of farming
- Drive Impact: Be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- Accelerate Growth: A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
What’s also in for you
- Stay up-to-date: Regular global & regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Meet your colleagues: Join our employee resource groups or (virtual) company activities
- Take some time off: 30 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Be well: 24/7 professional counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Travel to Work: Free monthly BVG ticket and subsidized Swapfiets Bike Program
- Enjoy your meal: Choose between subsidized meal vouchers or a free onsite lunch, and additional snacks & drinks
- Save Up: Subscribe to your corporate pension scheme and look out for corporate discounts with more than 800 brands
For best consideration please apply before 27.06.21 and make sure you save yourself a copy of the job description as we will take the ad offline when a certain amount of candidates has applied.
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.