Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system using IoT technology that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. In Berlin, we have already built the biggest urban farming network in the world, which produces an equivalent of food grown on 350.000 sqm. farmland, with 95% less water, 99% space, and 90% fewer transportation requirements.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
As a Field Operations Manager you will be on the front of our daily operations managing our local growers and merchandisers in the field. You will help overcome obstacles and come up with hands-on solutions supporting your team of growers wherever you can. The ability to interact with your team and colleagues, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality, is essential. Success in the role will be driven by creating efficiencies and effective scheduling of remote workforce to meet business KPIs.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Ownership of scheduling for both part time and full time retail operations workforce while working closely with Logistics team
- Take responsibility for KPIs of your area of responsibility, communicate them to relevant stakeholders and develop and apply continuous measures of improvement
- Build and lead a team of Infarmers to nurture relationships with customers ensuring our merchandise (living produce) in store is well executed
- Train, develop, and support your direct reports and their teams to promote a highly professional, positive and engaging work environment
- Represent the Infarm vision and brand when visiting stores and develop relationships with key stakeholders and external partners
- Manage time and tasks effectively for you and your team, putting the needs of the customer first
- Collaborate with Production Operations Manager on working with their Plant Expert, Maintenance and Warehouse team
- Work with supply chain and logistics teams to ensure inventory is distributed to stores on a regular cadence
- Understand and own every aspect of your team’s performance and be able to stand for it when asked
- Work closely with the HQ Recruitment team to hire and train a highly efficient team
- Be responsible for driving continuous enhancements to facilitate exceptional team output, team satisfaction and customer service
- Provide professional mentorship and feedback to your team in order to improve services and to foster an autonomous workforce
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment and top-quality products by performing regular health, safety, quality and food safety audits
- 3+ years of total professional experience to include 2+ years of leadership/management experience
- Proven track record of executing operations in a fast paced environment, ready to get their hands dirty in the field
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or related field) or equivalent experience
- Experience with executing scheduling remote workforce with support from Infarm’s logistics team
- Experience in a customer facing industry (retail, grocery, restaurant sector experience preferred)
- Basic MS Excel sheets manipulating formulas, etc.
- Strong relationship builder, connector and collaborator
- Self-starter, thrives in achieving goals and taking on accountability in a fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, delegate and problem solve to on the fly
- Establish and maintain an encouraging, effective environment working with a remote team
- Flexible schedule and availability for assisting team whenever needed
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record and ability to drive on behalf of the company in own, rented or company car
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.