Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system using IoT technology that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. In Berlin, we have already built the biggest urban farming network in the world, which produces an equivalent of food grown on 350.000 sqm. farmland, with 95% less water, 99% space, and 90% fewer transportation requirements.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
The FP&A Analyst is responsible for supporting budgeting / forecasting processes incl. revenue forecasts, establishing internal financial reporting and evaluating business plans for new investments. In this function, the FP&A Analyst will work across departments to align plan numbers and develop action plans to improve financial performance with the respective stakeholders. The incumbent will also be responsible to provide and maintain tools to support all of these processes.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Support budgeting and forecasting processes by creating budget templates, working with stakeholders to prepare the annual plan and quarterly forecasts, and present aligned budget / forecast numbers to senior management
- Develop and update revenue forecasts on a monthly (12-month outlook) and annual basis (budget preparation)
- Establish internal reporting processes (profit & loss, balance sheet, cash flow) in collaboration with the Controller for financial performance and actual / budget tracking
- Perform actual / budget analysis and provide findings to stakeholders. Discuss action plans to improve performance. Act as Business partner across department lines
- Prepare business plans, evaluate new investment opportunities and determine profitability / ROI
- Support governance process for new investments. Create and maintain excel tools that support the business plan preparation and governance process
- Provide and maintain tools and systems that support budgeting and reporting processes
- Perform ad hoc analysis for senior management as required
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) in Finance, Accounting, Applied Math, Economics, Engineering or other qualitative disciplines from four-year college or university
- 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong communicator, attentive listener and compelling explainer with the ability to focus on a problem, ask insightful questions, and gain expertise quickly
- Proactive in working across department lines
- Expert in Excel, familiar with finance metrics
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Ability to work during eastern standard time
- Manufacturing, Food Production, Farming background nice to have
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.