Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
As a Field Operations Manager you will be at the front of our daily operations managing our local growers in the field. You will help overcome obstacles and come up with hands-on solutions supporting your team of growers wherever you can. The ability to interact with your team and colleagues, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality, is essential.
- Lead a team of 10+ Infarmers across your area of responsibility
- Represent the Infarm vision and brand in Copenhagen and develop relationships with key stakeholders and external partners
- Manage time and tasks effectively for you and your team, putting the needs of the customer first
- Manage and organize your team’s workspace infrastructure and tools
- Work closely with the HQ Recruitment team to hire and train a highly efficient team; understand and own every aspect of your team’s performance and be able to stand for it when asked
- Be responsible for driving continuous enhancements to facilitate exceptional team output, satisfaction and customer service
- Provide professional mentorship and feedback to your team in order to improve services and to foster an autonomous workforce
- Lead mid-term tactical projects
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment and top-quality products by performing regular health, safety, quality and food safety audits
- Take responsibility for the P&L and KPIs of your area of responsibility, communicate them to relevant stakeholders and develop and apply continuous measures of improvement
- Be close to our clients and out in the field by yourself
- Manage Relationships with external partners (e.g. last mile 3PL providers) and ensure our high expectations are met at all times.
- 2+ years of management experience of a 10+ person team, in a relevant field, with the ability to lead by emanating positivity and accountability
- Strong customer oriented thinking: always trying to achieve perfection
- High level of autonomy: you are a self starter
- High level of organizational skills: ability to plan, schedule and arrange own activities and the ones of your team
- Strong problem solving & multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English and Danish
- Ability to coach and cultivate a successful team to establish and maintain an encouraging and cooperative working environment
- You are confident working in a rapidly changing environment in which you will effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Flexible schedule and availability for assisting team whenever needed
- Confident using Google Suite and MS Office
- Able to drive continuous improvement to increase quality, efficiency and costs
- Valid working permit and driving license
What we offer
- Take opportunities: Join Infarm as we expand across the globe and change the future of farming
- Drive Impact: Be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- Accelerate Growth: A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
What’s also in for you
- Save Up: Pension scheme according to the provisions of the collective agreement
- Take some time off: 30 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Enjoy your meal: Co-contribution meal vouchers, snacks & drinks
- Stay up-to-date: Regular global & regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Travel to Work: Subsidized Swapfiets Bike Program
- Meet your colleagues: Join our various employee resource groups about D&I, sports, or virtual social activities
- Be well: 24/7 professional counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.