Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
We are looking for an experienced and proactive packaging category manager to procure and develop our packaging supply base and to manage the packaging team. A major part of the role will be in the identification and delivery of opportunities in terms of cost optimisation, whilst improving quality, innovation visibility, service standards and mitigating supply risk. Buying responsibility incorporates packaging SKU’s across all geographies and revenue streams.
Our retail range and brand continues to benefit from extensive range diversification and innovation. Business objectives are wide-ranging, so it is vital we have a highly knowledgeable and performing packaging team to succeed against our growth and innovation objectives.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Manage the end to end supply of packaging into the business to meet demand requirements.
- Source and select supply base partners to meet department and business objectives.
- Forecast and source packaging to time, budget and quality parameters.
- Negotiation of supply agreements and contracts.
- Manage and maintain contract and price agreement forward cover.
- Lead and support in the launch of business innovation projects within agreed timescales & cost parameters.
- Analyse key sector metrics to understand trends, translate them into continuous buying improvements.
- Packaging category and sector analysis to identify opportunities and to mitigate commercial and technical risks.
- Identify cost saving initiatives and leading material and design re-engineering opportunities.
- Gather and analyse market data, report on findings to support category management & procurement.
- Monitore and report monthly supplier performance against agreed KPIs.
- 5+ years experience as packaging buyer or category manager within the FMCG and food environment.
- Strong negotiation capability with exposure to forecasting, contract & stock management and innovation.
- An ability to research, source and select supply partners and progress to negotiate future supply of materials.
- Experience managing personnel and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be accustomed to working with and meeting tight, time critical deadlines.
- Display personal behaviours such as being resilient, commercial, helpful, curious and pioneering.
- Demonstrate an understanding of rigid & flexible plastics, carton board and corrugated materials.
- Highly numerate and commercially focused negotiator.
- Highly motivated with excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent project management skills supported by strong problem solving abilities.
- Good reporting discipline with attention to detail.
- Organised, self-reliant, with great time management.
- Comfortable working across the Microsoft Office suite with strong presentation skills.
What we offer
- Take opportunities: Join Infarm as we expand across the globe and change the future of farming
- Drive Impact: Be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- Accelerate Growth: A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
What's also in for you
- Stay up-to-date: Regular global & regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Meet your colleagues: Join our various ERGs about D&I, sports, or virtual social activities
- Take some time off: 30 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Be well: 24/7 professional counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Travel to Work: Free monthly BVG ticket and subsidized Swapfiets Bike Program
- Enjoy your meal: Choose between subsidized meal vouchers or a free onsite lunch, and additional snacks & drinks
- Save Up: Subscribe to your corporate pension scheme and look out for corporate discounts with more than 800 brands