Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
Infarm is at a pivotal point in its development, growing rapidly, and is hiring for the new role of Learning and Development Manager. The L&D Manager will be responsible for leading and evaluating training programs, orientation, and personnel development and supporting the performance management and review process. The L&D Manager will prepare a training budget and evaluate instructor costs and performance. They will also create, refine, and disseminate training playbooks and other educational materials to North American employees. The L&D Manager will be a key partner in development, coaching and supporting staff through operational changes and supervision issues.
- Leverage best practices gained through industry experience, research and metrics to build a robust Learning & Development program for Infarm in North America.
- Design, develop, and implement innovative and effective remote learning solutions around leadership, onboarding, corporate culture, diversity & inclusion, performance coaching, etc. for all employees (includes HQ and Field and Food Production Operations); adapting instructional materials to varying audiences and formats.
- Partner with Talent & Development Manager to ensure training programs support performance management systems and empower employees at all levels to achieve their developmental goals and execute against their performance targets.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with subject matter experts (SMEs), Global L&D and external trainers to create effective training opportunities to improve business performance and attract, develop and retain Infarmers.
- Collaborate with key partners internally and externally to identify, influence, assess, and implement leadership development solutions that build capability and talent for performance and succession at all levels and inline with the Infarm brand.
- Consult with business stakeholders to do needs assessments and identify performance and skill gaps to determine training needs.
- Prioritize training & development programs that promote the company’s corporate culture and core values and positively impact performance and organizational strategic goals.
- Use metrics related to our business strategy to evaluate the effectiveness of learning & development projects and report conclusions and make recommendations to leaders and stakeholders.
- Audit and evaluate course content to ensure it is current and effective, then prioritize the content that needs updating.
- Travel domestically and internationally as needed to support the needs of the business.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as Organizational Behavior or Development, Psychology, or Human Resources Management
- 4+ years' experience in L&D, preferably in a start-up environment in both design and facilitation
- An understanding of adult learning principles and theories and proven experience using a consultative approach to identify and build effective learning solutions.
- Proficient in Google Suite, Word/Excel/PowerPoint; Workday and Adobe Captivate LMS a plus.
- An ambassador for the Infarm brand, passionate about developing people and a role model & steward for the company mission.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and quick changing project goals and priorities.
- You’re passionate about developing and motivating through positive influence and relationship building.
- Must be proactive, innovative, organized and disciplined; ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience planning and coordinating training, large meeting, or events
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems under pressure
- Ability to travel when needed
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.