Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Senior Regional Manager, Food Production NA
The Senior Regional Manager, Food Production NA will be responsible for building a world class food manufacturing culture across infarm’s North America network of production sites. They will have direct management responsibility for Regional Health & Safety, Food Standards and Crop Operations support teams.
- Custodian of the ‘Infarm growing system’ - our blueprint for site culture - ensuring that the operating principles within this (Safety, Hygiene, Quality, Service & Cost) are implemented in a balanced way across our North American sites
- Management of a team of local functional experts across H&S, Food Safety, Plant Health & Maintenance operations
- Work closely with NA VP Operations and NA Regional Operations Directors to diagnose and resolve performance issues on NA sites as measured by global production KPI’s, and deploy your team’s resources to address these
- Driver of NA health and safety performance, taking a proactive approach to risk management and hazard analysis and ensuring global compliance
- Control food safety and hygiene management system to Global GAP standards and beyond, developing a strong hub level network of Quality and Hygiene Controllers
- Implement a system of regular measures and checks in place around safety and hygiene, and carry out robust incident management procedures in line with local legislation and certification requirements
- Manage NA regional plant expert and maintenance technician, responsible for taking global crop operations knowledge from their HQ counterparts, and using this to optimize harvest performance and plant quality through local hub based roles on the ground
- Collaborate closely with operational programmes and industrial engineering teams to ensure smooth execution of change and automation projects
- Partner with local supply chain and site development teams to ensure new site build activities are conducted in a safe, efficient and responsible manner
- Become a key part of the global Food Production team, defining and implementing what ‘world class manufacturing’ looks like across our network.
- 10+ years of relevant experience within a FMCG manufacturing, ideally in a high care food environment
- Experience managing multiple sites/locations with clear examples of managing performance KPI’s across a portfolio of locations across Canada/USA
- Strong experience of working within regulated environments operating to BRC, IFS, Global GAP or equivalent
- Health and Safety management, with relevant associated training/qualifications in Canada/USA
- Strong people management experience of at least 5 direct reports
- Proven track record of collaborating with diverse cross-functional teams around an established business - ie. Engineering, Commercial, R&D, Supply Chain
- Proven experience in supporting communication and change management associated with the roll out of new procedures and principles within existing sites and their stakeholders.
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.