Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
The IT Director is accountable for infarms’ business operating technology, essentially the IT infrastructure, information security and business applications/systems that support core business processes/teams.
The priorities will be to expand a strong global IT/Information team to handle the purchase, implementation and administration of our various business systems (with strong focus on compliance & regulatory efforts). Building on your expertise you will make sure that our systems run stable and meet the most up to date standards.
Strengthen infarms security infrastructure, employee awareness and improve group security practices and policies.
Consolidate some of the applications/systems landscape and (where needed) implement improved solutions in core areas business team/systems such as ERP, CRM, Maintenance Systems, WMS etc.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Lead and develop the IT team in a fast paced environment to support a global workforce for a scaling business where your focus will be divided across the following topics:
- IT Infrastructure for both the HQ functional teams as well as the scaling farming network which operates across multiple cities internationally
- Business applications and software that supports functional and operational teams in general business operations e.g. ERP’s, business tool etx.
- Information Security for the whole organization, be it the central function or the physical farming network from a technical perspective as well policy, awareness and education.
- Strategic and operational accountability for infarms’ global IT infrastructure:
- Supervise network infrastructure to support our global network of growing centers from equipment specification through to installation, upgrade and maintenance
- Manage equipment specification, vendors, and set-up as well end user service desk for networks, hardware and telephony
- Own application management for the business systems:
- Partner with key business stakeholders and teams such Finance, SCM, Operations, R&D etc to define current and future IT needs
- Administer our SaaS solutions and integrations (GSuite, MS365, Atlassian etc)
- Lead the project management including the scoping and implementation of business critical software solution (such as an ERP, OMS, CRM etc)
- Information Security, Data Protection & Audit
- Manage relationships with external auditors to align infarm’s internal standards with international regulatory requirements
- Enhance infarms digital security infrastructure for all part of the organisation
- Develop training & education programmes to upskill employees on risk, threats and responses
- Manage infarms DR & Response infrastructure to ensure redundancy and high availability of critical systems and infrastructure
- Proven experience managing an international IT team
- Expert knowledge of large scale & distributed IT infrastructure settings, with specific experience in managing & improving service levels, upgrading technology and MM euro project
- Extensive experience with IAM and MDM solutions
- Strong knowledge of Cloud environments and SaaS products
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and demonstrate a strong problem-solving mindset
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Experience working with start-ups or with companies in a fast growing environment are preferred
- Strong Hands-on-mentality, agile way of working and interest in a hypergrwoth working environment
- Solid understanding of network administration
- Open for remote work (ideally Central European Time Zone)
What we offer
- Take opportunities: Join Infarm as we expand across the globe and change the future of farming
- Drive Impact: Be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- Accelerate Growth: A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
What's also in for you
- Stay up-to-date: Regular global & regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Meet your colleagues: Join our various ERGs about D&I, sports, or virtual social activities
- Take some time off: 30 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Be well: 24/7 professional counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Travel to Work: Free monthly BVG ticket (when located in Berlin) and subsidized Swapfiets Bike Program
- Enjoy your meal: Choose between subsidized meal vouchers or a free onsite lunch, and additional snacks & drinks
- Save Up: Subscribe to your corporate pension scheme and look out for corporate discounts with more than 800 brands
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.